ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sabine NAV3600 software  (Read 6748 times)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Sabine NAV3600 software
« on: July 18, 2016, 12:09:24 PM »

Does anybody know a link or where I can find software for the Sabine NAV3600.

I know it was made by Xilica.  But I cannot get any Xilica software to work with it.

I have sent Emails to Xilica asking for help-but they have not responded.

Yes I have done quite a bit of searching-but unable to find anything.

Thanks in advance.

The front panel controls seem to work fine.  But a computer interface is much easier/faster.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Sabine NAV3600 software
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 12:37:45 PM »

I know it was made by Xilica.  But I cannot get any Xilica software to work with it.

I have sent Emails to Xilica asking for help-but they have not responded.

Thanks in advance.

The front panel controls seem to work fine.  But a computer interface is much easier/faster.

We've had this come up before, perhaps not for this exact unit.  Try a search for Sabine software.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 01:12:36 PM »

Craig and Jay helped me with software for my NAV360.  If nobody else has it, PM me and I can send you the install file I have.

Glen Kelley

• El Paso, TX
    • The University of Texas at El Paso
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 12:00:53 PM »

Ivan, I talked to a service rep at ClearOne about a year ago, and he was able to send me configuration software and firmware files. PM me for his info if you don't find what you need soon!

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 02:56:21 PM »

I should have the install program on my old measurement laptop. The screen is shattered but I should be able to recover the file.(actually I need to get it on my new laptop as well).

Unfortunately I am on the road until Saturday so let me know if you don't get it by then.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jay Barracato

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 03:56:26 PM »

Craig and Jay helped me with software for my NAV360.  If nobody else has it, PM me and I can send you the install file I have.
Thanks for sending me the file.

HOWEVER-I can't get it to open.

I have the 3600.  That is not one of the listed units.

I don't know if that is the problem or not.

I wonder if it is rare or something------
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 06:25:43 PM »

Thanks for sending me the file.

HOWEVER-I can't get it to open.

I have the 3600.  That is not one of the listed units.

I don't know if that is the problem or not.

I wonder if it is rare or something------
I thought the 3600 had more I/O but was otherwise similar.  For some reason gmail blocked my sending you the firmware updater.  Maybe Jay can get it to you.
Does the unit you have function in stand alone?  I had the most trouble getting the comm ports to work.  In fact last time I tried to hook it up I had a failure to communicate.  I had made a second set of subs so I just copied my existing program and adjusted the gain from the front panel.  I'll have to try it again.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 07:28:33 PM »

I thought the 3600 had more I/O but was otherwise similar.  For some reason gmail blocked my sending you the firmware updater.  Maybe Jay can get it to you.
Does the unit you have function in stand alone?  I had the most trouble getting the comm ports to work.  In fact last time I tried to hook it up I had a failure to communicate.  I had made a second set of subs so I just copied my existing program and adjusted the gain from the front panel.  I'll have to try it again.
Yes-the front panel controls work fine.

It is just faster/easier with a computer.

I need to spend some time with it.  I only spent 45 minutes with it today trying to get it to communicate.

The 3600 is 3 in 6 out.

It looks just like the 360

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 09:09:53 PM »

Yes-the front panel controls work fine.

It is just faster/easier with a computer.

I need to spend some time with it.  I only spent 45 minutes with it today trying to get it to communicate.

The 3600 is 3 in 6 out.

It looks just like the 360

The 360 has USB and the 3600 has Ethernet. I have a 480 and love it (but I would love it more with Ethernet 😉 ).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2016, 09:21:17 PM »

The 360 has USB and the 3600 has Ethernet. I have a 480 and love it (but I would love it more with Ethernet 😉 ).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
The (or at least mine) 3600 does not have ethernet.  Only RS232 control.  No USB either.

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2016, 09:39:36 PM »

Oh my, my 360 is 3 in 6 out and has a USB port.  Trying to get serial to work these days could be interesting.  The remote software does allow for assigning com ports in the application so you may be able to beat it into submission if the install will work correctly.

Stuart Cunningham

• CUK Audio
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2016, 07:25:34 AM »

I thought I might have been able to help after digging in my 'drawer of mystery' and finding a CD-ROM labelled SABINE Remote Control Software (copyright 2007).

This, however, only has v6.23 of the Navigator software which is compatible with the series 2 Navigators (240, 360, 480, 4802, 8802). Ivan's 3600 is a series 1 Navigator.

On the subject of connectivity, I think that series 1 products only had RS-232 whilst series 2 products came with RS-232 and USB (basically an internal USB to RS-232 UART). In addition the 4802 and 8802 had Ethernet.

If I happen to come across an even older CD-ROM in the workshop with the series 1 software, I'll return here and post a link.

Stu
Stuart Cunningham
http://www.cuk-audio.com
Glasgow, Scotland

Stuart Cunningham

• CUK Audio
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2016, 09:44:07 AM »

Now available via this Wetransfer link for the next week along with the last version of the firmware for the series one models and the firmware updater: https://we.tl/KMIhoqTmqZ

Hope this helps!

Stu
Stuart Cunningham
http://www.cuk-audio.com
Glasgow, Scotland

Matt Stevens

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2018, 03:58:38 AM »

Now available via this Wetransfer link for the next week along with the last version of the firmware for the series one models and the firmware updater: https://we.tl/KMIhoqTmqZ

Hope this helps!

Stu

Hi.   Can you post another Link for the Sabine nav software? Please?   I know this is an old post

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2018, 03:58:38 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.