ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Consultant Selling me a DSP  (Read 5019 times)

John L Nobile

Re: Audio Consultant Selling me a DSP
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2017, 06:05:05 pm »

I see you have the SH96 and not the SH96HO. I'm not sure but it seems that the 96 is a passive box while the 96HO is a choice of active/passive. You may want to give the HO a listen in active mode. I tried my HO's in passive mode once and preferred them in active biamped mode.

Having an aux fed sub is a preference. Personally, I prefer not to do that but I don't see a problem if it's not abused. And I have seen it abused.

I'm also not sure what the purpose of the SH60's are? I assume that they're for fill. How much level do you need for that? A smaller box like the SM60F or SM96 might be enough to do that and save you some money and weight

Dustin Corey

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2017, 07:24:22 pm »

I won't be doing the speaker install, just cables and planning.

The SH60s will be to the left and right of SH96. The model shows the sub in front, but it will be placed behind.

Thanks for the link, I'll use 10ga.

Nathan Riddle

• Panhandle, FL
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2017, 08:00:05 pm »

I won't be doing the speaker install, just cables and planning.

The SH60s will be to the left and right of SH96. The model shows the sub in front, but it will be placed behind.

Thanks for the link, I'll use 10ga.

Makes sense, save some $$ :) I realize my question might have been a little pointed. Wasn't trying to be.

I'd run 4 runs to the top so if you wanted you could bi-amp the SH96. I'd also run data (mic & cat6) for the 20+year future. But that's just me.

The SH60's can easily be 12ga and really the SH96 too. I mean damping factor for 100' run and 12awg with 3.5 min is still ~10.

Sub should be 10awg obv.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 15 queries.