ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot set real name  (Read 1020 times)

Mike Prasuhn

Cannot set real name
« on: July 11, 2016, 02:35:43 pm »

Hi, long time absentee from these parts, I don't think I've been active on the LAB since 2007ish, but was able to somehow retrieve my old account, with "archive_" prepended to the username. My display name was my old username and when I tried to update it to my full name - 'Michael Prasuhn' - I got an error that the name was already in use. This seems odd since I don't know how I would have an account under another username, and I don't think there's anyone else with that name that would be registered here.

Can you help me find the other account and see if it belongs to me, or if it's an archive thing, could you change that one to 'Mike' so that I can change this one to Michael?
Michael D. Prasuhn
Freelance audio engineer
http://mikeyp.net

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Cannot set real name
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 03:15:44 pm »

Hi, long time absentee from these parts, I don't think I've been active on the LAB since 2007ish, but was able to somehow retrieve my old account, with "archive_" prepended to the username. My display name was my old username and when I tried to update it to my full name - 'Michael Prasuhn' - I got an error that the name was already in use. This seems odd since I don't know how I would have an account under another username, and I don't think there's anyone else with that name that would be registered here.

Can you help me find the other account and see if it belongs to me, or if it's an archive thing, could you change that one to 'Mike' so that I can change this one to Michael?

Since your real name is displaying I assume this is straightened out.
Mac

Josh Millward

• Meridian, MS
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 03:18:35 pm »

Since your real name is displaying I assume this is straightened out.
Mac

Hey Mac, I understood him to mean that he would prefer his displayed name be "Michael" instead of "Mike".
Josh Millward
Danley Sound Labs

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 04:29:18 pm »

I will reset the user name on your old account (with 600+ posts). This will cause a password reset. The automatically generated password will be emailed to you at the email address on file, which I believe is your current address. Log in with that password and go to your profile to reset your password. I will remove the "archive" part of your username.

Mac

Mike Prasuhn

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 04:40:46 pm »

Is it possible to recover my old account? I didn't realize I had two accounts on here.

I will reset the user name on your old account (with 600+ posts). This will cause a password reset. The automatically generated password will be emailed to you at the email address on file, which I believe is your current address. Log in with that password and go to your profile to reset your password. I will remove the "archive" part of your username.

Mac
Michael D. Prasuhn
Freelance audio engineer
http://mikeyp.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 16 queries.