ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha CL/QL and Shure ULX D connectivity... or not  (Read 43454 times)

Jeff Emmons

Re: Yamaha CL/QL and Shure ULX D connectivity... or not
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 06:13:09 PM »

I contacted Shure Systems Support regarding this issue, and they provided me with some valuable information to get this feature operative. I'm working with a CL5 console & multiple ULXDQ4 receivers, and we are running static IP addressing on our audio network.

There are some important criteria that need to be set in place- otherwise this function won't work at all.
1) CL's Dante firmware versions must be the following:  3.8.0.24  3.5.1.8  1.2.7
2) ULXD's Shure Control IP address must be 169.154.xxx.xxx, Subnet Mask must be 255.255.0.0
Enter the menu on the ULXD and select Device Utilities > Network > Shure Control > Network.
Yamaha designated this IP range for use specifically with this type of control, which is why it must be set there. You can still use the Wireless WorkBench software simultaneously- but only by setting your computer to the same 169.254.xxx.xxx subnet.

If you set the IP addressing to Automatic, it will 'fall-back' to the 169.254 network. A DHCP server/router is not recommended for use on this audio network, which may cause certain functions to not work properly.

Hopefully this info helps someone as it did for me.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 10:20:52 PM »

Hopefully this info helps someone as it did for me.

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

Dave Stevens

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 04:30:17 PM »

That's a bummer.  My corporate overlords just issued an RFQ for bids for 10 ch to interface with a Tio/TF for a special events system specifically to be able to put it on an existing network.  I suppose if they don't fix it I'll go analog into the Tio.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 06:03:13 PM »

Shure is pretty lame in this day and age. Why you can't set the network number like everyone else is beyond me. There is no magic to any network number in the private ranges.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

David Da Costa

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2016, 12:57:29 PM »

After a lot of playing with this, finally go it to work with the following settings:

1) CL's Dante firmware versions must be the following:  3.8.0.24  3.5.1.8  1.2.7, network IP does not matter
2) Connect only dante ports not cl's netowrk port, no dhcp.
3) ULXD's latest firmware both shure control and dante set to automatic ip.  The key for us was changing it from switched to redundant audio.  Otherwise it kept connecting and disconnedcting

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2016, 01:26:58 PM »

The key for us was changing it from switched to redundant audio.  Otherwise it kept connecting and disconnedcting

It works reliably in either mode. I just did this on a fresh unit just two days ago. It just needs to match whichever mode the rest of the Dante network is using.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2016, 02:16:26 PM »

I wonder if it would work with DHCP on but static reservations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Hayden J. Nebus

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2016, 04:26:40 PM »

I had completely given up on this, until I flashed our CL from 4.01 to 4.02, and suddenly things were happy. Our Audio net runs in link-local range.

FWIW, a couple of the octects in the ipv4 link-local range are reserved for manually addressed hardware. IIRC (but could be wrong)  the 169.254.1.x octect is one of them. So you can put piles of other NICS on the same subnet as dante without DHCP or doing any NAT.

To piggyback on David, I wonder if any garden variety DHCP servers in switches and routers allow for static reservations within the link-local range. Don't most consumer models serve up a class C addy (192.x) whereas 169.254 is a Class B addy .   

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2016, 10:55:55 PM »

Any updates on this? I assume it still does not work with static IPs, correct?
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Steve Alves

• South Florida
    • South Florida Sound
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2016, 02:05:30 PM »

Any updates on this? I assume it still does not work with static IPs, correct?

Same issue as of last week. Turn DHCP off and it works but then you lose wireless workbench on the laptop and can not connect an ipad.
Steven Alves
South Florida Sound, Fort Lauderdale, FL
www.southfloridasound.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2016, 02:05:30 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.