Here is an updated document on using the CL with Shure wireless control, including troubleshooting steps.
Have a look and see if following these instructions helps.
I'm not sure which of the iterations of things we tried was the magic combination, but after about 6hrs today we got the 16 channels of ULX-D talking to the QL5 in a meaningful way. When it works it is pretty great. A lot of setting of static IPs, including an additional static IP for the console just for mic control, so the console ends up with 4
IP addresses, 2 Dante, 1 control IP as always, and a second control IP for device control.
Patching seems to need to be patched with both
Dante Controller and the console.
Mics needed new firmware, and all the IP fields filled in, IP address, Subnet Mask, and Gateway. Everything needed multiple reboots, but finally it all works, and continues to work after another reboot without further interference. What is the HA control on Rio inputs is now the receiver gain on the ULX-Ds, and the RF signal strength and battery level are also displayed.
A happy end to a long day of frustration.