ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley "Podware" vs "System Engineer"  (Read 6372 times)

Ryan C. Davis

• SL,UT
Danley "Podware" vs "System Engineer"
« on: August 05, 2017, 06:38:50 PM »

Hey guys,

Wasn't sure where to post this so feel free to move it if necessary.

I've been using Danleys "system engineer" software to make adjustments on my Danley 20k4 amp. It works reasonably well but the manual makes no mention of "System Engineer" -- only an application called "podware". Anyone know if they're the same thing? I've done some searching and all the "podware" downloads seem to come from pretty generic sources (even though some are podiatry websites haha). One of the snippets I found mentioned " Obcom compliant devices. Maybe "Podware" is just a generic term for an open protocol? I suppose it's neither here nor there, I just want to know if I'm using the correct program to control the amplifier.

RD
Ryan Davis

Justin Perrachon

Re: Danley "Podware" vs "System Engineer"
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 06:41:08 PM »

Podware is the old control software. System engineer has been more reliable and faster in my experience

Ryan C. Davis

• SL,UT
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 11:01:57 PM »

Podware is the old control software. System engineer has been more reliable and faster in my experience

Ok cool, just wanted to make sure I was using the correct program. Sounds like I am.

Thanks!
Ryan Davis

Mark Wilkinson

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 08:24:00 AM »

Ok cool, just wanted to make sure I was using the correct program. Sounds like I am.

Thanks!

I've been working with the Danley folks trying to get System Engineer to work with my Win10 computers, so it's pretty certain System Engineer is the correct program. I had your same question, but Podware has never been mentioned by them in the back and forth troubleshooting emails.

Which btw, anybody else have any trouble connecting using Win10?    Win7 is working fine....
Thx

Ryan C. Davis

• SL,UT
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 02:08:42 PM »

I'm on a win 7 machine. Actually a virtual win 7 machine running on a mac and no issues so far. If I had a win 10 machine I'd gladly give it a whirl for you but I don't.

It's not a surface tablet running win 10 is it? I've tried installing some other config software we use on a windows 10 tablet with no luck and it works fine on the laptops.
Ryan Davis

Mark Wilkinson

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 09:07:08 AM »

I'm on a win 7 machine. Actually a virtual win 7 machine running on a mac and no issues so far. If I had a win 10 machine I'd gladly give it a whirl for you but I don't.

It's not a surface tablet running win 10 is it? I've tried installing some other config software we use on a windows 10 tablet with no luck and it works fine on the laptops.

Thanks Ryan,
No, no surface tablet.  One Win 10 machine is a desktop, the other a fairly new laptop. 
I'm sure the nice responsive folk at Danley will help me sort it out pretty soon...

Josh Millward

• Meridian, MS
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 11:56:59 AM »

Hi Ryan,

To help put you at ease... yes you are using the correct software.

Originally the software was called "PodWare" but with the release of version 7 the name was changed to System Engineer. With this update came a considerably more robust communications setup between the amplifiers on the network and the computer running the software.

So, if you are reading anything that says "PodWare" you can replace that with "System Engineer" and be fairly confident.

If you have any questions about this, I would encourage you to go ahead and get in touch with me. I am "The Amp Guy" here at Danley Sound Labs and I'm responsible for the software and presets that go with them.

Thanks!
Josh

Hey guys,

Wasn't sure where to post this so feel free to move it if necessary.

I've been using Danleys "system engineer" software to make adjustments on my Danley 20k4 amp. It works reasonably well but the manual makes no mention of "System Engineer" -- only an application called "podware". Anyone know if they're the same thing? I've done some searching and all the "podware" downloads seem to come from pretty generic sources (even though some are podiatry websites haha). One of the snippets I found mentioned " Obcom compliant devices. Maybe "Podware" is just a generic term for an open protocol? I suppose it's neither here nor there, I just want to know if I'm using the correct program to control the amplifier.

RD
Josh Millward
Danley Sound Labs

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 11:56:59 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.