ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Infants in Church  (Read 11627 times)

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
Re: Infants in Church
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2016, 07:14:46 PM »

In your room seating location could make a big difference. Take note of where the people who are complaining about volume are sitting. It could in fact be too loud for somebody sitting right next a speaker or the drum kit.

You might suggest they find a different location. Or you might want to section off a few seats in an area where the volume is the lowest that is specifically for young children and infants. It may not be the best seats for viewing but could ease the minds of the parents.

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2016, 07:43:45 PM »

My pastor will, on occasion, remind people that if the sound is too loud or soft, or the AC to cold, or heat not right, that moving to another seat might make the service more pleasant for them.  Even though we have good, even sound there are still a couple of hot spots and some areas that are a little softer.

Making accomodations for babies is certainly good for growth-you want ot make it easy for parents to come to church. In our smaller Spanish auditorium, we have small (7' X 12'?) cry room with one way glass, a separate speaker feed and I think a dedicated hvac drop. Seems to work out nice with minimal cost other than glass.  In your case, do you have a vestiibule or foyer area?  Maybe as simple as a couple of chairs parents could use to eavesdrop on the louder part of service or use in case their child is unhappy?
Steve Swaffer

David Allred

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2016, 07:44:04 AM »

So a speaker series, designed for church use, is called "Heresy"?  As in, taking something sacred and defaming it?  Now that is marketing genius right there.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2016, 11:11:59 AM »

So a speaker series, designed for church use, is called "Heresy"?  As in, taking something sacred and defaming it?  Now that is marketing genius right there.

Not necessarily defaming something sacred... from Google:
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

David Allred

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2016, 12:43:01 PM »

I agree with that definition also, but when "heresy" is mentioned in religious texts, it is almost always an issue of "followers" moving away from (or changing) doctrine or practices.  So I'll stand by my statement that it is an odd choice of name.

To a baseball purist, softball could be a heresy, but football would not.

Taylor Phillips

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2016, 01:36:52 PM »

Tue story goes that the name came about because Paul Klipsch was a vocal advocate of corner speakers. When designing a center channel speaker to go between two of his corner speakers, a colleague allegedly remarked that they could never bring it to market because a speaker that's not in a corner would amount to heresy. Klipsch was apparently so impressed with that criticism that he decided that should be the name. For the first several years of production it was called Model H because the Southern Baptist employees at the Hope, Arkansas company refused to use the name. The name caught on later, though and they ran an ad with the headline "Heresy in the Church". You can find it on the Klipsch website.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

David Allred

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2016, 02:08:09 PM »

Tue story goes that the name came about because Paul Klipsch was a vocal advocate of corner speakers. When designing a center channel speaker to go between two of his corner speakers, a colleague allegedly remarked that they could never bring it to market because a speaker that's not in a corner would amount to heresy. Klipsch was apparently so impressed with that criticism that he decided that should be the name. For the first several years of production it was called Model H because the Southern Baptist employees at the Hope, Arkansas company refused to use the name. The name caught on later, though and they ran an ad with the headline "Heresy in the Church". You can find it on the Klipsch website.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Well, there you go.  You claim to be Taylor Phillips, but are you really Cliff Clavin? 

Irvin Pribadi

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2016, 01:23:15 AM »

The tricky issues is that when you adjust the levels for one person, you may dissatisfy a few others who are not as understanding.
You probably have it where it satisfies the most folks in the congregation, I'd try to talk to the parents first for alternative solutions.
As mentioned earmuffs can be an easy solution: Baby Banz earmuffs and EMS4kids are good for infants and go for about $30.

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2016, 08:26:43 PM »

The politics of religion...

When you segregate portions of your membership, you risk creating division within your organization. (This applies to many types of organizations, not just churches.)

Many churches divide families for the worship: infants and toddlers in the nursery, preteens in the playroom, teenagers and youth in a rockin' service, and older folks in a traditional service.

What can happen is that these different groups of people fail to come together in matters of faith, the worship styles become gospel rather than the gospel being gospel, and division occurs withing the body.

Other churches include all age groups in the corporate worship service, from infants all the way to geriatrics. Of course, that means that the worship service must not be of a format that is offensive to anyone. It may not be exciting, it may not be trendy, it may not be loud, but it should at least contain the gospel, for that is the most important thing. If the people attending are serious about their faith, then the lack of entertainment shouldn't be an issue.

"Corporate worship" implies worshiping together, not sitting back and enjoying a rock concert. The worship team should not be performers; they should be leaders. The congregation should be able to hear each other, not be drowned out by the stage. When one segment is drowning out another, it's hard to see the unity.

At least that's my opinion. Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has a couple, and most of them stink.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2016, 08:26:43 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.