ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Functional Difference on X32 iPad and Android apps?  (Read 9259 times)

Kyle Van Sandt

Re: Functional Difference on X32 iPad and Android apps?
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2016, 11:17:07 PM »

The guy who developed mixstation is either working for or contracted with Behringer.  The X-Air stuff on android is based on mixstation (and is a lot better app).  You won't see it going away anytime soon... if ever. 
Kyle Van Sandt
Production Coordinator
The Egg, Albany, NY
vansandtdesigns.com

John Chiara

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 12:36:36 AM »

Did you select "fine" mode?  That allows putting your finger anywhere on the fader path and makes the adjustment smoother and more accurate.

Very cool!
Thanks Alex!

Scott Bolt

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 08:29:27 PM »

Very cool!
Thanks Alex!
Hey John,

I used the iPad app for about a year and a half for all my gigs.  I switched over to Mixing Station because I wanted the RTA and the custom layers.

I agree ..... it aint as pretty as X32Mix, but it is more functional IMHO.

I keep mine in fine mode at all times since I mix from stage on an 8" tablet and need all the help I can get.  It works really well for me not having to change layers for adjustments, and having the "fine" feature.

I generally do all my efx changes using the X32 Edit program, so I don't miss out on the cool graphics ;)

Rich Grisier

• Erie, PA
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2016, 04:31:26 PM »

I have both the iPad app and Mixing Station Pro running on a Nexus 10.  I only used the iPad app for about an hour or so before I got fed up with its limitations and lack of customization.  I found myself wondering  how to do things in the iPad app that I could easily do in Mixing station (How do I create Custom Layers? How do I define sidebars??).  I gave up on the iPad app once I discovered it didn't have these things that I consider essential.

Sure, Mixing station doesn't have pretty graphics, but I consider that to be a plus.  Pretty graphics use valuable screen real estate for nonfunctional fluff.

I typically set up three layers:
1. All pertinent channels plus playback music on an Aux input.
2. Monitors / Effects
3. Main all by itself.

I also set up three custom buttons:
1. Mute group for effects
2. Mute group for monitors
3. Tap Tempo (plus a knob for tap tempo as well)

I once had to run sound on an unfamiliar in house system with an X32 mixer.  I was able to quickly see what channel was what by using Mixing Station's Dashboard.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2016, 04:31:26 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 25 queries.