ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Clever new device from Amphenol for Dante  (Read 7452 times)

Arthur Skudra

• SR Forums
Re: Clever new device from Amphenol for Dante
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2016, 01:34:43 PM »

Any suggestion of price?

How are they addressed I wonder?
Nice way to network my amp rack.
Spoke with the guy at the booth, they were hoping that the two channel version will be in the $200-250 price range.  The single channel version about $50 cheaper.  You use Dante Controller to configure the device.  Very small form factor!! Line output only at this time.  I'm sure they're working on a line input version....

Incidentally Radial Engineering were showing their two channel Dante input and output boxes in their very durable direct box enclosure.  They were suggesting a price in the $300 range.  POE powered, and configured by Dante Controller as well.  I see this being a very useful tool in any live audio engineer's kit!

Phillip Ivan Pietruschka

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2016, 10:23:54 PM »

Spoke with the guy at the booth, they were hoping that the two channel version will be in the $200-250 price range.  The single channel version about $50 cheaper.  You use Dante Controller to configure the device.  Very small form factor!! Line output only at this time.  I'm sure they're working on a line input version....

Incidentally Radial Engineering were showing their two channel Dante input and output boxes in their very durable direct box enclosure.  They were suggesting a price in the $300 range.  POE powered, and configured by Dante Controller as well.  I see this being a very useful tool in any live audio engineer's kit!

I wish Radial (or similar) would do a USB-> Dante DI box. I understand this would replicate can function of DVS, however when a client brings a laptop into a performance space or event, installing DVS is typically impractical. I think I have some something along those lines from a smaller company, but not in as rugged enclosure as you would expect from a DI, and if I recall correctly, not supporting a redundant network.

Josh Millward

• Meridian, MS
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 10:13:38 AM »

I wish Radial (or similar) would do a USB-> Dante DI box. I understand this would replicate can function of DVS, however when a client brings a laptop into a performance space or event, installing DVS is typically impractical. I think I have some something along those lines from a smaller company, but not in as rugged enclosure as you would expect from a DI, and if I recall correctly, not supporting a redundant network.

Yeah, that already exists. Attero Tech has a USB to Dante interface box.

The important thing about the redundant Dante connection is that it is not supported by the Ultimo chip set. So, the majority of the 2-4 channel devices you see out there that are not supporting redundant Dante connections will likely have the Ultimo chips in them. Whereas devices with a redundant connection will have to be using either the Brooklyn, Brooklyn II, or DLM cards. However, since the DLM's have been sent to the land of unavailable, the vendors who were using those have mostly transitioned to using a card that fits the DLM form factor (which fits in the card slot originally designed for the Cirrus Logic CM-1 CobraNet card) and uses the Brooklyn II module in it.

In short, if you are using something with the Ultimo chipset, it fundamentally can not support redundant connections, it is outside the scope of that chip's capabilities. If you want to support redundant connections, you will need to use a product that costs a lot more because the Dante chipset is going to cost a lot more.
Josh Millward
Danley Sound Labs

Robert Healey

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 10:25:16 AM »

Shure has a pretty beefy Dante input device now too:

https://www.audinate.com/products/dante-enabled/shure/shure-ani4in-xlr

Daniel Levi

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 11:46:37 AM »

Klark Teknik now do a cm1 32x32 usb card, so you could technically do it with one of their bridges.
Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2016, 01:13:16 PM »

Shure has a pretty beefy Dante input device now too:

https://www.audinate.com/products/dante-enabled/shure/shure-ani4in-xlr

Besides Dante I/O Radial has USB and Bluetooth DI
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2016, 01:13:16 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.