ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: What TOPS or mains to get with our new JBL subs.  (Read 11738 times)

Joel Mevis

What TOPS or mains to get with our new JBL subs.
« on: May 31, 2016, 09:29:09 AM »

Hey guys so just yesterday we demoed and ordered 2x JBL SRX828SP's. We were really impressed with how they performed. Our church is not large per say the current building holds 125 people. But we're looking for something that will take us to the next level in terms of quality and attendance.

Now when we demoed the subs they used 1 JBL SRX 835p as a top now if that is the route to go we have no problem doing that just want to make sure that is what would be best.

So do you guys think the 3 way 835p or the 2 way 815p is what we should use? Thanks for your input.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: What TOPS or mains to get with our new JBL subs.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 10:49:17 AM »

Hey guys so just yesterday we demoed and ordered 2x JBL SRX828SP's. We were really impressed with how they performed. Our church is not large per say the current building holds 125 people. But we're looking for something that will take us to the next level in terms of quality and attendance.

Now when we demoed the subs they used 1 JBL SRX 835p as a top now if that is the route to go we have no problem doing that just want to make sure that is what would be best.

So do you guys think the 3 way 835p or the 2 way 815p is what we should use? Thanks for your input.

Another FODO MOMO question http://reagle.org/joseph/2014/fomo/fomo.html

How will the decision to purchase a two or three way driver configuration influence attendance? 

The truth is for most applications their is no functional difference.  Perhaps for the room the narrower pattern of the 825's make keep some of the sound off the reflective surfaces?

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 01:04:13 PM »

Perhaps for the room the narrower pattern of the 825's make keep some of the sound off the reflective surfaces?
But what if the room is wide?  Then a wider coverage pattern would work better.

It is NOT a matter of what top would work better with the subs, but RATHER, what top would be best suited for a specific room-no matter what the sub is.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Joel Mevis

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 01:57:24 PM »

It is NOT a matter of what top would work better with the subs, but RATHER, what top would be best suited for a specific room-no matter what the sub is.

The room is a rectangle, longer than it is wide. Pretty much a perfect box. Id say its 30ft x 60ft cinder block walls. We have heavy curtains on the back wall and the wall be hind the stage, it works pretty well. I'm looking in to some options for deflection control on the long 60ft wall.

Really my question is if the 3 way speaker is worth it rather than the 2 way. Price difference is about $200 per speaker.

Joel Mevis

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 02:00:06 PM »

LOL Driver obviously has nothing to do with attendance. I was saying that we want something that will still cover well when attendance continues to grow.

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 02:52:02 PM »

Right, I was picking a hypothetical.

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 02:54:15 PM »

The room is a rectangle, longer than it is wide. Pretty much a perfect box. Id say its 30ft x 60ft cinder block walls. We have heavy curtains on the back wall and the wall be hind the stage, it works pretty well. I'm looking in to some options for deflection control on the long 60ft wall.

Really my question is if the 3 way speaker is worth it rather than the 2 way. Price difference is about $200 per speaker.

Without any other criteria the 835 is worth the extra $200 bucks.

However that doesn't mean the 815 or the 835 is the right speaker for the room.

It's only 30ft, the speakers are going to interfere.  Have you considered a mono center hang?  What is the trim height?

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 03:04:57 PM »

Without any other criteria the 835 is worth the extra $200 bucks.

However that doesn't mean the 815 or the 835 is the right speaker for the room.

It's only 30ft, the speakers are going to interfere.  Have you considered a mono center hang?  What is the trim height?

I was looking at the SRX835's if you all remember but went with the 815's because of the coverage pattern. It would have left too much area at the front and sides in slightly wider rooms and I would have needed to purchase 4  to get the best coverage. However, if only being used in the same room each time, I suppose it depends on those particular specifics.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 03:10:33 PM »

what is the ceiling height ?
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

Joel Mevis

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 04:00:28 PM »

what is the ceiling height ?

15 Foot.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 04:00:28 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.