ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Extron control of Sharp PN-R903  (Read 1957 times)

Keith Finch

Extron control of Sharp PN-R903
« on: May 25, 2016, 12:36:08 AM »

I have a system that uses 6 Sharp PN-R903 displays. I am having trouble getting the ON/OFF functions to work reliably. If the system is idle for a day or two the screens will not power on. If the screens are powered on with a IR remote, the system will work almost every time for a day or so. I have tried sending other commands first as a wake up and listen, sent multiple On ON ON... asked for the state of the display and then sent the ON command. Nothing seems to work. The network is a very well run college network. I even tried a simple un-managed switch in the middle of the room with 50ft cables run to the displays and the Extron units. Any ideas from any place will be tried.

Also Note: The PN-R903 Driver does not work at all, only the PN-R603 does (extron picked this for me during inital trouble shooting)

system parts list
IPCP505 controler
TLP 100MV Touch Panel
XTP 1600 Switcher
Sharp PN-R903 (using PN-R603 Driver)

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
Re: Extron control of Sharp PN-R903
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 07:46:56 AM »

Are you sending Extron commands via IP or IR? I believe the Ethernet port goes to 'sleep' after an extended period of being turned off. But this can be disabled through the menus. We had a similar issue with a different model sharp 70"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith Finch

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 03:00:19 PM »

Are you sending Extron commands via IP or IR? I believe the Ethernet port goes to 'sleep' after an extended period of being turned off. But this can be disabled through the menus. We had a similar issue with a different model sharp 70"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We were using IP until today. I had set the power mode to Standard which should keep the Lan port active. But over a weekend or if the room was not used for a few days only some monitors would turn on. The Off commands worked most of the time. It appeared that if the sets were turned on with a remote all functions were good for the day.

I just returned from converting to RS232 before lunch. By Monday of next week I will know if this will work. But I will be installing these monitors in many other rooms in the coming months and would like to get to the bottom of this issue.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 03:00:19 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.