ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Swedish Festival RF  (Read 5848 times)

peter dakin

Swedish Festival RF
« on: May 16, 2016, 10:39:35 AM »

Hi,

I've a festival show coming up in Sweden and struggling to confirm RF frequencies over there. I've contacted the governing body PTS, but no reply as of yet. Festival organiser states there some DTV in range of my kit (IEM's 530 - 570, HH's 606-648).

However the PTS require me to send my chosen frequencies to them, as its a busy festival I had hoped there'd be a major event co-ordination..

Is there any geographical information on DTV or anyone any recommendations? Festival is about 12km from nearest city of Sölvesborg.

Cheers in advance

Diogo Nunes Pereira

• Barcelona, sometimes...
Re: Swedish Festival RF
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 06:16:19 PM »

Is there any geographical information on DTV or anyone any recommendations? Festival is about 12km from nearest city of Sölvesborg.

According to Wireless Workbench this (red columns) is the DTV channels occupied 30km from Solvesborg. White areas are your systems bands.

Data was accessed via WWB6 Postal Code lookup funcionality.

Hope this helps. Cheers. D

PS. What is a PTS?
Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]
--------------------------
"I envy not those who own charriots, horses or land. I envy only those who drink water from every fountain." - Popular Song from Portugal

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 09:28:55 PM »

PTS (Post och TeleStyrelsen)  is the government department that handles all of the freq coordination in sweden.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 02:13:18 AM »

PTS (Post och TeleStyrelsen)  is the government department that handles all of the freq coordination in sweden.

So much telecom was under the post office.  POCSAG, a digital RF encoding scheme stands for Post Office Code Standards Advisory Group,  I think it was a British effort.

Of course Sweden is home to Ericsson, which if I recall the history the Post Office ran the telephone exchanges too.

Cool history.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 01:32:00 PM »

Cheers in advance

There are some scans on http://www.bestaudio.com/spectrum-scans/ but not close to your event.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 01:39:51 PM by Pete Erskine »
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Diogo Nunes Pereira

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 04:00:06 PM »

There are some scans on http://www.bestaudio.com/spectrum-scans/ but not close to your event.

Overlapping one scan from Best Audio's site with Postal code lookup. 15 km radius from that venue at Gotenburg.

I guess WWB data from Sweden is reliable enough...
Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]
"I envy not those who own charriots, horses or land. I envy only those who drink water from every fountain." - Popular Song from Portugal

Diogo Nunes Pereira

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 04:14:39 PM »

So much telecom was under the post office. 

In Europe, still is... CEPT, the European Conference of Postal and Telecommunications Administrations, is the overhead organization for many countries spectrum policy regulation and harmonization.

ECO, the European Communications Office, one of CEPT's daughter organizations (I guess we just love multi-layer bureaucracy here in the EU) has a tool called EFIS, ECO Frequency Information System that allows you to search spectrum allocation (from Hz to GHz) in all European countries.
Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]

peter dakin

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 02:57:55 AM »

Overlapping one scan from Best Audio's site with Postal code lookup. 15 km radius from that venue at Gotenburg.

I guess WWB data from Sweden is reliable enough...

Clever man Diogo, thanks for the supporting evidence.
I Never use the WB geographical information as it never used to work in my region, will be delving into it much more often.

Still no word from PTs so I'll be on the blower soon.

Cheers

peter dakin

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 06:41:31 AM »

PTS eventually got back to me and have given a blanket licence for my equipment range, no coordination for the major festival.
Mental!
Chaos and RF wars will commence, I pity larger RF acts, but assume everyone will be ramping up their mW to drown out others..

Jens Palm Bacher

• Lydfabrikken
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2016, 05:50:42 AM »

PTS eventually got back to me and have given a blanket licence for my equipment range, no coordination for the major festival.
Mental!
Chaos and RF wars will commence, I pity larger RF acts, but assume everyone will be ramping up their mW to drown out others..
It's the same here in Denmark, everybody can use whitespaces from 470-790 Mhz. You coordinate on the spot at the festivals with other acts. It usually goes well.

peter dakin

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2016, 03:43:47 AM »

thankfully our stage was out on a spur from other stages and there was minimal RF on before/after, so I had no issues and had enough spectrum.

Very thankful for the UK coordinations that occur on these type of major events.

Jens - I've been fearing the rise of whitespace devices.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2016, 09:34:24 AM »

Btw, which festival was it?

peter dakin

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 01:19:11 PM »

Btw, which festival was it?
Sweden Rock Festival

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 01:19:11 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.