ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Tuba 60 with LAB12 build. Need Tech help...  (Read 11008 times)

Aaron Montgomery

Re: Tuba 60 with LAB12 build. Need Tech help...
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2016, 02:31:05 AM »

I am in fact looking to get the lowest bass possible. Which is why i chose the T60. I DJ mostly EDM and Hiphop. I am also a HipHop producer and am loving the Trap/EDM so im kind of migrating my music to the EDM side but trying to keep my foundation. I am big on accuracy being a producer, which is why im pushing to reach that low low frequency. I also bought the T24 plans. The idea behind that was to have one of those for the higher frequency bass/punch and T60 for the low. My buddy/partner that i do most of my gigs with has a Mackie 18" sub now, but it doesnt compare to what i feel the T60/T24 combo can deliver. Probably couldnt compete with one T24 alone.  Sounds like the iNuke 6000dsp is the winner at this point. But Len, assuming i use the inuke 6000dsp, could i really run 2 single T60's off of one channel and the T24 (or possibly 2 tops) off of the other? (T60's wired in parallel?..) And limit the power to each channel specifically to what it needs? If so thats rediculously frickin sweet. lol. Also seems as tho the iNuke has an abundance of power for the 2 LABs im looking to run off of it.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2016, 07:35:56 AM »

I am in fact looking to get the lowest bass possible. Which is why i chose the T60. I DJ mostly EDM and Hiphop. I am also a HipHop producer and am loving the Trap/EDM so im kind of migrating my music to the EDM side but trying to keep my foundation. I am big on accuracy being a producer, which is why im pushing to reach that low low frequency. I also bought the T24 plans. The idea behind that was to have one of those for the higher frequency bass/punch and T60 for the low. My buddy/partner that i do most of my gigs with has a Mackie 18" sub now, but it doesnt compare to what i feel the T60/T24 combo can deliver. Probably couldnt compete with one T24 alone.  Sounds like the iNuke 6000dsp is the winner at this point. But Len, assuming i use the inuke 6000dsp, could i really run 2 single T60's off of one channel and the T24 (or possibly 2 tops) off of the other? (T60's wired in parallel?..) And limit the power to each channel specifically to what it needs? If so thats rediculously frickin sweet. lol. Also seems as tho the iNuke has an abundance of power for the 2 LABs im looking to run off of it.
When you start to mix cabinets and "assume" one cabinet will cover one range and another cabinet cover another-very often you are going down the road to problems.

The freq response does not stop at the crossover points.  The interaction between the cabinets (sometimes an octave above or below the crossover) can cause notches in the response.

It takes skill and the proper tools to be able to measure and understand these interactions.

DO NOT assume you can just "pile them up" and get the best sound.

Sure-you will get something, but what about the OVERALL SYSTEM response.  THAT is what you are (or should be) interested in.  Not that one cabinet give the deep lows and another the punch. 

What about all the stuff inbetween? or does that matter?

For most people a single model sub cabinet (assuming it is of decent enough quality) is the best solution.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Len Zenith Jr

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2016, 10:11:33 AM »

I agree with Ivan. Trying to align 2 horns of different phase responses and path lengths takes a lot of skill to pull off and there is most likely nothing to be gained by doing so.

Yes, 1 amp for a simple system ( 2 T60's and 2 tops). You would of coarse have to run in mono and you wouldn't have any redundancy in case of failure.

John Chiara

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2016, 02:44:54 PM »

I would build some decent 2x18 reflex cabs and get a Crest ProLite DSP with the built in Maxxbass and save a lot of trouble. YMMV

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2016, 02:44:54 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.