ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Interface live  (Read 9996 times)

Isaac South

• Central Kentucky
Re: Using Interface live
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2016, 08:08:19 AM »

Scott.  How do I check that?   Is that the midi port on my Roland, or the midi port on my MacBook?

Isaac South

• Central Kentucky
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2016, 02:53:34 PM »

Hey guys.  I emailed Roland and they responded very quickly.  Here's what they said:

Unfortunately, the RD-300GX is discontinued and the last driver update was for OS 10.9.

If your OS is above 10.9 you will need to use an interface that supports standard 5 pin Midi cables. Some audio interfaces have those connections on the back or you could use the Roland UM-ONEmk2.

So...it looks like I'm going to have to use a 5-pin cable rather than the usb cable that I was trying.  I have one of those at home. 

Will that change how I hook it up?  Or do I still go directly from the piano to the MacBook?  And then from the interface to the MacBook?

Isaac South

• Central Kentucky
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2016, 08:59:02 AM »

Please see my last post.

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2016, 05:01:31 PM »

Please see my last post.

Roland already told you how to hook it up, You have to use MIDI (That 5 pin cable)

You need a MIDI interface for your mac (like the Roland UM-ONEmk2) that they recommend. That converts General MIDI to USB.

Then the MIDI interface should show up in whatever software you're using and you map it accordingly. I suggest googling some more info on this bit as it varies on the software settings.
-I practice safe excursion on the weekends.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair

Isaac South

• Central Kentucky
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2016, 11:46:52 AM »

Update:  I figured it all out.  I will be using Mainstage tonight.

That midi cable that Roland recommended was exactly what I needed.  After I downloaded the drivers for that cable, I plugged it into my keyboard and Mainstage accepted the midi right away.

I also figured out how to connect it to my interface so that I can run sound out to the FOH or my amp or whatever.

Thank you all for your help.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2016, 11:46:52 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.