ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL recone service  (Read 3458 times)

Alex Rigodanzo

• U.P. of MI "M Go Blue!"
    • Next Myle band
JBL recone service
« on: May 05, 2016, 12:27:37 PM »

Recommendations for reconing 2241s?  Or an aftermarket driver that makes a reasonable replacement?  Cabinets are SR4719a.  Also, at what price point would I be better off putting the money towards another pair of 728s?  Putting a grand into freshening up the old cabinets seems less painful than $2k+ for more 728s.

Just a bar band... 8) (all 4 subs are only used two or three times each summer at outdoor gigs)
I'm not single, I'm in a long-term relationship with Freedom

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
Re: JBL recone service
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 12:50:51 PM »

Recommendations for reconing 2241s?  Or an aftermarket driver that makes a reasonable replacement?  Cabinets are SR4719a.  Also, at what price point would I be better off putting the money towards another pair of 728s?  Putting a grand into freshening up the old cabinets seems less painful than $2k+ for more 728s.

Just a bar band... 8) (all 4 subs are only used two or three times each summer at outdoor gigs)

If you're looking for 728's, I've got a pair of them that I am looking to move.  I'd rather have 718's instead.  I'd trade even up, if anyone had a set in excellent condition with covers.
Brian Jojade

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 04:33:43 PM »

A Brown Soun in San Rafael, Ca
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Barry Singleton

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 10:35:41 PM »

If you want to keep it in MI, AFP sound in Wixom is a really good shop. Jeff's re-cone work is A1

They are an all Harmon Pro shop.

Barry.
If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 12:51:38 AM »

If you want to keep it in MI, AFP sound in Wixom is a really good shop. Jeff's re-cone work is A1

They are an all Harmon Pro shop.

Barry.

If you get to the Cleveland area Keith Steele at ProShow sound (Used to be Accurate sound and light) has been in town for 30 years and does great work.

http://www.proshowsound.com/

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Alex Rigodanzo

• U.P. of MI "M Go Blue!"
    • Next Myle band
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 06:13:41 PM »

If you're looking for 728's, I've got a pair of them that I am looking to move.  I'd rather have 718's instead.  I'd trade even up, if anyone had a set in excellent condition with covers.

So this begs the question.  I know the 718 is a great sub for a single.  With a country/rock cover band, I'm sure it would do just as well as my 4719 in almost all indoor situations.  However, our show also includes slamming, bass heavy break music.  How close can a pair of 718s come to a pair of 4719s?  And when we do go outdoors for bigger shows, will two 718s and two 728s be in the same ballpark as two 4719s and two 728s?  It would be nicer to haul around and store 718s.

A single PLX3002 on the 4719s is all I need for all indoor and even some smaller outdoor shows.  I've impressed many people when I tell them the whole rig is running 900w per cab (tops & subs)

Big shows get a 3002 bridged on each sub and an RMX1850hd bridged on each top.
I'm not single, I'm in a long-term relationship with Freedom

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 07:18:27 PM »

So this begs the question.  I know the 718 is a great sub for a single.  With a country/rock cover band, I'm sure it would do just as well as my 4719 in almost all indoor situations.  However, our show also includes slamming, bass heavy break music.  How close can a pair of 718s come to a pair of 4719s?  And when we do go outdoors for bigger shows, will two 718s and two 728s be in the same ballpark as two 4719s and two 728s?  It would be nicer to haul around and store 718s.

A single PLX3002 on the 4719s is all I need for all indoor and even some smaller outdoor shows.  I've impressed many people when I tell them the whole rig is running 900w per cab (tops & subs)

Big shows get a 3002 bridged on each sub and an RMX1850hd bridged on each top.

It seems the solution is to back down on the break music by 3dB or so.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 07:18:27 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 26 queries.