ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommendations on adding to Bose L1 II  (Read 9279 times)

Robert Lunceford

Re: Recommendations on adding to Bose L1 II
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2016, 08:23:19 PM »

Oh look, it's an acoustic set for a has been band in a coffee shop with 12 people staged in front of the camera for a manufacturer's promo.   ::)

Larger venue and larger system.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qII70mGSLqE

John Rutirasiri

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2016, 10:45:32 PM »

BTW anyone heard their F1?
ClearImpact Sound & Event Services, Inc.
Sound/Lighting/Corporate A/V

"If it ain't broke, make it better."

Robert Piascik

• Westerville, OH (near Columbus)
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2016, 07:39:10 AM »

Are you convinced by this commercial that the Bose system is the best? Every manufacturer can trot out a similar marketing piece with testimonials by paid endorsers who claim their product is the best. How do you discern between anything when everybody claims theirs is the best? Sheesh....

Pi Entertainment Services
Midas M32R / MR18
Behringer X32R
Danley SH50 / SM80 / TH118 / TH115
Fulcrum Acoustic fa22ac
RCF NX 12SMA
Yamaha DSR112 / DZR10
Powersoft X4 / M50Q
Crown iT8k

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2016, 10:20:26 AM »

Are you convinced by this commercial that the Bose system is the best? Every manufacturer can trot out a similar marketing piece with testimonials by paid endorsers who claim their product is the best. How do you discern between anything when everybody claims theirs is the best? Sheesh....

Perhaps I am missing your sarcasm,

But I'd start discerning what's best by ignoring anything the marketing department has created....

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2016, 12:37:50 PM »

We just did a show with them and Phil Carson (about 0:13 in the video) was highly complementary of our non-Bose rig, deployment, and crew.  Brian had a good mix, too and that helps *every* system shine. ;)

I found out because Phil mentioned his satisfaction to the promoter and venue management.  I don't think we do anything extraordinary in designing and deploying our systems so leads me to think that entertainers at all levels experience one off gigs where little or no thought is given to Today's Act in Today's Venue®.  I had a brief conversation with the "system guy" doing an arena show where the vertical coverage was FUBAR.  I asked how he arrived at the trim height and inter-box angles and his reply was "this is the way we always do it."  I heard the same rig outdoors a week later.  Again, covering the audience didn't seem to be a priority.  "We always do it this way".  How the BEs didn't make them fix it, I'll never know.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 12:44:20 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

David Buckley

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2016, 04:57:19 PM »

Again, covering the audience didn't seem to be a priority.  "We always do it this way".  How the BEs didn't make them fix it, I'll never know.
Perhaps the BE didn't notice.  Yeah, really.  Or did notice and just didn't care.

John L Nobile

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2016, 05:12:35 PM »

Perhaps the BE didn't notice.  Yeah, really.  Or did notice and just didn't care.

Or thought he could fix it with EQ

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2016, 07:26:57 PM »

Or he realized that trying to get things fixed would go nowhere.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2016, 07:42:13 PM »

I had a brief conversation with the "system guy" doing an arena show where the vertical coverage was FUBAR.  I asked how he arrived at the trim height and inter-box angles and his reply was "this is the way we always do it."  I heard the same rig outdoors a week later.  Again, covering the audience didn't seem to be a priority.  "We always do it this way".  How the BEs didn't make them fix it, I'll never know.
Or it could be that the BEs are so used to FUBAR systems, they think it is "normal"?

I have meet quite a few BEs that couldn't get out of a paper bag-much less mix a band. So I am sure many can't tell the difference.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2016, 07:42:13 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 23 queries.