ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Alternative to Driverack PA  (Read 10207 times)

Nils Erickson

• San Francisco
Re: Alternative to Driverack PA
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 04:08:18 AM »

Thanks for all the reply's!

I checked out the Jupiter series, and I like how it is all accessed via computer.. keeps those who shouldn't be there out of the processing! However it still won't happen due to the cost.. will definitely check out the Behringer unit, and maybe keep an eye out for a used 260.

Thanks for the suggestions of gain structure, that will be a very handy way of monitoring everything without walking back and forth to the amplifiers.

For the meantime, I have inserted a Behringer MDX1600 stereo comp between the DRPA and the Mid amplfiers, as those are the ones clipping the most, and that has seemed to help a ton. Every once in a while a transient will clip, but for the most part lights are in the green.

What is interesting however is that one of the Mid amps clips 6 or so dB sooner, and only clips on the right channel (it is run Bridged mono). I assume this is due to heat, but that's for a future discussion.... Thanks again!

On some amps (QSC PLX for example), you need to be certain that only one channel's input knob is turned up when you are in bridge mode.  Could this be the source of the problem on your mid amp?

Nils

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 03:03:08 PM »

What is interesting however is that one of the Mid amps clips 6 or so dB sooner, and only clips on the right channel (it is run Bridged mono). I assume this is due to heat, but that's for a future discussion.... Thanks again!

Uh.. using bridge mode makes your output gain 6db hotter.  Turn down the right channel completely (as per the manufacturer) and turn down the left input by 6dB.

This is pilot error, not an equipment problem.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 03:03:08 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 24 queries.