ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas M32 cue recall  (Read 2916 times)

Jack Stevens

Midas M32 cue recall
« on: May 26, 2018, 06:59:51 AM »

Hi all,
        I have been looking on online to see if there was a way that UDK can be programmed to trigger the next cue/scene/snippet so that I can run a theatre show. It looks like you can't. If there is a way please get in touch. This would really help

Any suggestion would be helpful

Thank you

Jack Stevens

Michael Lawrence

Re: Midas M32 cue recall
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 09:50:30 AM »

Hi all,
        I have been looking on online to see if there was a way that UDK can be programmed to trigger the next cue/scene/snippet so that I can run a theatre show. It looks like you can't. If there is a way please get in touch. This would really help

Thank you

Jack Stevens

Jack,

You can program UDK to launch a specific cue/scene/snippet, but you can't duplicate the functionality of the "Go" button as far as I know. I can see why this would be an irritation on the smaller format consoles lacking the Go button.
Lead Instructor / Smaart SPL Product Manager - Rational Acoustics
Technical Editor - ProSoundWeb.com
Freelance Systems Engineer

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 11:11:27 AM »

Hi all,

Thank you

Jack Stevens

I am answering here instead of the Privet message that you sent me. You probably saw a post or 2 of mine regarding Musical Theater shows with the M32 and I probably mentioned that I use Palladium by https://www.chsounddesign.com/ . I found that it is so much more powerful than the built-in scene/cue/snippets for doing theatrical shows. I am willing to help you with that if you want.

But to answer your question you can’t use a UDK (that I can find) to trigger a go directly on the console. But you can use the “NOW” button (in the SHOW CONTROL section of buttons) on the surface, if in “SETUP” you check the “Scene Go Next”. It seems to behave a little bit funny but if you play with it you will see how it works. You also on that same page under Show Control set Cues or Scenes or Snippets as to what will be controlled. 

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 06:49:58 AM »

Can you do it by MIDI?

I did that on a Vi1 using MIDI messages from Qlab for scene changes and FX playback.

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 10:16:24 AM »

Can you do it by MIDI?

I did that on a Vi1 using MIDI messages from Qlab for scene changes and FX playback.

Yes, Midi can be used. If you want it to auto increment and decrement, that needs to be capable in the Midi device.

Scenes - Midi channel 1 – Controller = Program Change – Value = 1-100
Snippet - Midi channel 2 – Controller = Program Change – Value = 1-100
Cue Midi - Channels 3-6 – Controller = Program Change – Value = 0-127 Ch3 -> Cue 1-127, Ch4 -> Cue 128-255, etc.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 10:24:14 AM by Kevin Maxwell »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 10:16:24 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.