ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OA Windsor  (Read 2371 times)

Thomas Lamb

OA Windsor
« on: March 14, 2016, 05:30:01 PM »

Hey guys most of you know about OS Windsor but I figured I'd drop this here from the lounge just in case.

Gentlemen,

My name is Jim Spohn and I am the new owner of OA Windsor Co. I was a long-time friend of Ken Sterner's, the prior owner of OA Windsor for 35 years. He and his family sold the business to me in September of 2015, as it became clear that he would not recover from a serious illness.

Today, I'm pleased to say that OA Windsor is back up to speed and manufacturing the same line of electrical boxes and stage stringers that Ken produced. I've been heartened by all the positive comments I've seen online and received about OA Windsor products and Ken.

Ken and I were first and foremost falconry friends and met in 1982 in N. Idaho, where I spent many hours watching Ken mold boxes in his tiny shop.

Ken found his place in life in Sheridan WY and OA Windsor really grew with the introduction of his website in the last five years or so.

As Ken's illness took over his life, Ken returned to N. Idaho. Ken, his daughter Carla, and I worked together to make a transition to my ownership. I must say that Ken's attention to detail with OA Windsor products did not translate to the record keeping part of the business! Following a trail of breadcrumbs, I was able to piece together a very clear picture of the supplies needed, but had greater difficulty retrieving customer contacts. So please forgive me for not keeping you all informed.

I've received a fresh shipment of rubber from the same supplier OA Windsor has used for the past 12 years. I'm using the same electrical supply chain Ken used, and have secured good pricing on Hubbell accessories to keep the costs of the boxes reasonable. I'm using the last price list Ken used, with no increase, and will keep those prices through 2016. I hope to have an improved website in place this year, but my focus is on producing excellent boxes and providing personalized customer service.

To those who have waded through confusing information to find me, I thank you, and hope you were satisfied with your experience with the next incarnation of OA Windsor.

Thank you to Darrel Harris for his kind words on this thread and for posting the picture of Ken and his falcon.

Today is a good day for this post as Ken was added to the Falconers Wall of Remembrance at the Archives of Falconry in Boise yesterday, an honor of which he would have been proud.

Please feel free to contact me @ 307-674-8228 or [email protected]
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

ProSoundWeb Community

OA Windsor
« on: March 14, 2016, 05:30:01 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.