ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming in two languages  (Read 5660 times)

Jonathan Zitelman

Streaming in two languages
« on: March 02, 2016, 09:25:34 AM »

We are looking to stream in English and Spanish.  We have an on-site Spanish translator already, so it seems like it should be a pretty easy jump; but can't seem to find the best way to do to audio streams.  I know the RTMP protocol limits to two channels of audio, so we would have to have two separate encoders.  What I can't figure out is where I can run two simultaneous streams, with one in each language.

Has anyone done this?

-Jonathan †

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
Re: Streaming in two languages
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 05:29:18 PM »

We are looking to stream in English and Spanish.  We have an on-site Spanish translator already, so it seems like it should be a pretty easy jump; but can't seem to find the best way to do to audio streams.  I know the RTMP protocol limits to two channels of audio, so we would have to have two separate encoders.  What I can't figure out is where I can run two simultaneous streams, with one in each language.

Has anyone done this?

-Jonathan †

Dredging up an old thread that was never answered. Maybe the OP has found a solution by now.

This is a bit off-the-wall, but maybe you can put the English in the left channel and the Spanish in the right channel. Then you only need one stereo encoder, and the listener adjusts the balance either all the way left or all the way right depending on which language they want.

Of course, that means you'll need well-trained listeners and ensure that the stream is not downmixed to mono!
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Streaming in two languages
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 05:29:18 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.