ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Black Magic ATEM TV Studio and ProPresenter  (Read 6462 times)

joshliles

Black Magic ATEM TV Studio and ProPresenter
« on: February 08, 2016, 11:32:19 PM »

I have a Black Magic ATEM TV Studio (not the 4k model) and I was wondering the best way to get my ProPresenter 5 feed from my Mac Mini to the projector and the ATEM at the same time. Sorry if this is vague as I am an AV guy by necessity - I've kinda been thrown to the wolves.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Josh Liles

Tom Burgess

Re: Black Magic ATEM TV Studio and ProPresenter
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 10:16:50 AM »

I have a Black Magic ATEM TV Studio (not the 4k model) and I was wondering the best way to get my ProPresenter 5 feed from my Mac Mini to the projector and the ATEM at the same time. Sorry if this is vague as I am an AV guy by necessity - I've kinda been thrown to the wolves.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Josh Liles
We'll probably need a little more info on your setup but, assuming it's all HDMI connections...  how about a 1:2 HDMI DA (Distribution Amp) connected to the output of the Mac Mini?  So:

Mac Mini ---> 1:2 DA ---> Projector + Black Magic

Or, if you can export video simultaneously via HDMI and Thunderbolt, connect one via HDMI, one via Thunderbolt to HDMI converter, perhaps?
If the band sounds great, it's because the band IS great, if the band sound like crap, it's the soundman's fault.

Opinions expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily those of the company for which I work.

joshliles

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 11:39:27 AM »

We'll probably need a little more info on your setup but, assuming it's all HDMI connections...  how about a 1:2 HDMI DA (Distribution Amp) connected to the output of the Mac Mini?  So:

Mac Mini ---> 1:2 DA ---> Projector + Black Magic

Or, if you can export video simultaneously via HDMI and Thunderbolt, connect one via HDMI, one via Thunderbolt to HDMI converter, perhaps?

Yes, sorry to not provide more information. I took over as the AV guy sometime ago, but haven't had a chance, or the budget, to really set things up how we'd like it. Currently we run a Canon XA10 into the Black Magic ATEM. That's the only input thus far, but we're looking to expand in the near future. We'd like to run pro presenter into the ATEM to enhance our broadcast (one week delayed on DVD, and uploaded to vimeo). The DA sounds like a fix, but we have VGA running to the projectors so I think that puts us in a bind. Thanks for the suggestion, and any other input would be greatly valued and appreciated.

Josh Liles

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 11:39:27 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 26 queries.