ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Airport Express for sound snd light control  (Read 5305 times)

Bradford "BJ" James

Airport Express for sound snd light control
« on: February 07, 2016, 04:45:59 PM »

I did this a few years ago with a dlink router so I know it can work, but having a bit of trouble doing with AE.
I'm running QU16 or QU32 mixer wireless ipad control with no issues. I'm also using Bluelight Show Control lighting software on a laptop. In the past I used VNC to contol the laptop remotely, but now Bluelight has a dedicated Ipad app I would like to use even though it apoears rather limited.
When I tried to switch the AE to bridge mode I can no longer connect to the QU's.
Any suggestions?
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Scott Slater

Re: Airport Express for sound snd light control
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 07:37:12 AM »

Not familiar with AE's "bridge mode" but it sounds like it is running as a straight WAP at that point.  Do you have a DHCP server in your network, or are you manually assigning IPs to your devices?  I am guessing that some of your devices are not seeing each other due to addressing problems.

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 08:57:25 PM »

In Bridge mode, I believe the switch-side connection/settings are shared with the WAN port.

Ethernet connections are not NAT'd, so you can then plug in 2 hardwired devices that will share the same network settings outside of those necessary for them to be unique, co-existing network entities.

I'll have to try it with mine this week; it's been a bit.

- Jordan Wolf
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 02:25:24 PM »

In Bridge mode, I believe the switch-side connection/settings are shared with the WAN port.

Ethernet connections are not NAT'd, so you can then plug in 2 hardwired devices that will share the same network settings outside of those necessary for them to be unique, co-existing network entities.

I'll have to try it with mine this week; it's been a bit.

- Jordan Wolf

I haven't had time to play with this since I posted, but what you're saying is what I understand to be he case. Heavy schedule for the next week. Will try again and report back here then.
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 04:11:16 PM »

I did this a few years ago with a dlink router so I know it can work, but having a bit of trouble doing with AE.
I'm running QU16 or QU32 mixer wireless ipad control with no issues. I'm also using Bluelight Show Control lighting software on a laptop. In the past I used VNC to contol the laptop remotely, but now Bluelight has a dedicated Ipad app I would like to use even though it apoears rather limited.
When I tried to switch the AE to bridge mode I can no longer connect to the QU's.
Any suggestions?

I had no luck trying to go 'bridge mode' on my AE. So I purchased an inexpensive  Lan port switch ($6) and I connect it to the AE. I  take my QU16 and my art net node from the switch - works flawlessly.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 01:07:31 PM »

I had no luck trying to go 'bridge mode' on my AE. So I purchased an inexpensive  Lan port switch ($6) and I connect it to the AE. I  take my QU16 and my art net node from the switch - works flawlessly.

I kept on this for a while but couldn't get the AE to work as I wanted in bridge mode. Ended up buying a cheap ethernet switch. All is good again.
Also, ended up grabbing an artnet node and Luminair3. I can see this being pretty handy for certain gigs.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 02:38:54 PM »

I kept on this for a while but couldn't get the AE to work as I wanted in bridge mode. Ended up buying a cheap ethernet switch. All is good again.
Also, ended up grabbing an artnet node and Luminair3. I can see this being pretty handy for certain gigs.
You're welcome !
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 02:38:54 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.