ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Blank cassette tapes?  (Read 8601 times)

Stephen Swaffer

Re: Blank cassette tapes?
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 10:26:41 AM »

One thing I'll say for cassette tapes: there is no digital recording device made that is as easy to use as a portable analog tape recorder. 5 or 6 buttons, tactile display (the button that's down is the function that's active), no menus. I know a few 90+ year olds that still record to analog tape and hand it off to someone else to digitize. The idea of training them to use a digital device when they have no interest in learning new tech is pretty much foolishness.

Maybe an idea for a retro device?  Outside looks functions like a cassette player-inside is a media player-just plug in a USB stick and go.
Steve Swaffer

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 12:27:43 PM »

Sounds like it's getting close to time for me to get the cart machines out of "storage" and back to working order.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

Hayden J. Nebus

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2016, 01:05:30 PM »

If you can run a tape saturation plug in you can tell them that it's just as good as a cassette.  ;)

I hear tape plugs are included in the new protools!
http://prufrockak.wix.com/protools13

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2016, 06:31:22 PM »

Casette tapes are still manufacturer by National Audio Company Inc.

The NAC factory is located a few blocks from my home in downtown Springfield, MO. Really great folks. I know a few musicians in town that work there and seem to really enjoy it.

In addition to blank media they also produce/duplicate projects you want printed to tape/CD/whatever. About five years ago a local band enlisted me to help them record/mix their next album. With NAC right here in town, they released the album on cassette with an accompanying digital download. We figured a lot of the people that would be buying the album were just as likely to listen to a cassette as a CD if all they wanted was the MP3 copy anyway, so why not have the added novelty of the tape. NAC's pricing was pretty fantastic, so it was cheap enough the band could sell the tape/digital download version for $5 each and still come out in the black. The tape duplication even included jewel cases and full color inserts.

So while I'm not sure how many people listened to their hard copies, I will say the NAC tapes sound pretty dang good.

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2016, 03:58:27 AM »

i see the phrase "gently used" on a lot of stuf for sale. what does gently used mean ?

Mike Diack

• Auckland, New Zealand.
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2016, 04:37:40 AM »

If you can run a tape saturation plug in you can tell them that it's just as good as a cassette.  ;)
And you'll never need one of these...

Hayden J. Nebus

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2016, 08:23:38 PM »

i see the phrase "gently used" on a lot of stuf for sale. what does gently used mean ?

That means the factory protective film was left on the display while it was dropped off the lift gate.

Or the classic
FS: Macrotech MA5000. Gently used.

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2016, 11:28:17 PM »

That means the factory protective film was left on the display while it was dropped off the lift gate.

Or the classic
FS: Macrotech MA5000. Gently used.
Oooohhhhhhhh !  :o

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2016, 11:28:17 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.