ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Road House Consoles - 2016 Edition  (Read 7613 times)

Jake Katz

Re: Road House Consoles - 2016 Edition
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2016, 01:21:22 AM »

I am currently in the position of being one of the guys who gets a console du jour in my main position. I am never upset to see a Profile or SC48 or even a D Show when all of the faders work... I'm pretty happy when I get a Pro2 or 2C. I have run into maybe 5 CL5's so far and haven't had the time to quite become as proficient on it yet but still like it for what it is. Haven't seen more than one or two 5D's as of late. They're usually MOSTLY functional but I have to say, I'm usually pretty wary when I see them. Soundcraft is functional. That's pretty much all I have to say about that. Digico's are the least common of the major guys and in my experience so far I like the SD10 much better than the SD8 which is unfortunate because I generally see more of the latter.

The absolute most important thing is a competent, friendly venue/sound co. representative that can help me to do the simple things I need to make my show work if I'm unfamiliar with whatever's going on. That shouldn't need to be said but as with all things in this industry, nothing's guaranteed.

Haven't run into S3L, S6L, PM10, etc. yet. Heard mixed reviews about everything that is coming out as you always do in this industry. I'm excited to form my own opinions about the new generation of desks. My only worry about some of them is that they've sacrificed some of their basic "easy to walk up and mix" functionality for customizability and gigantic channel counts. Not all of us are running 128 channels - I'd even venture to say most of us aren't.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 01:23:26 AM by Jake Katz »

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Road House Consoles - 2016 Edition
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2016, 01:21:22 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.