ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GreenGo Intercom  (Read 5112 times)

Cailen Waddell

GreenGo Intercom
« on: January 18, 2016, 07:21:05 PM »

Has anyone had experience with these?  I found a thread from some years ago with good initial technical information but wanted to see if anyone had real world thoughts/experience with them.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
Re: GreenGo Intercom
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 08:27:36 PM »

Has anyone had experience with these?  I found a thread from some years ago with good initial technical information but wanted to see if anyone had real world thoughts/experience with them.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting stuff.  First i've heard of it.  Apparently good enough for the NFL to implement some of it....
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Chris Johnson [UK]

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 04:26:51 AM »

I've heard mixed reviews I have to say.

A company in the UK bought a bunch for a tour, and haven't really used it since.

Its a great idea in theory, but it seems like in practice its not quite there yet. It also doesn't seem to be being developed at any great rate either...
Riedel Communications

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 08:52:19 AM »

I have no gig experience, just listened to them at trade shows.  Does sound good with some latency.

Probably good for any facility with a network which wants a complicated comm system.  It has most of the features of a matrix system but all the smarts are in each beltpack or master.  It can be programmed off line.  No hard limit on the number of beltpacks or channels.

Each BP can access 32 channels, 2 at a time from BP Buttons and can monitor all 32 with a reply button.

Expensive $800+ per beltpack.  Must be powered by POE.  No loop throughs on BP, each must HR to a switch.  Layer 3 only - no internet except with converter box with limited channels.

Software needs Password to download  HERE but they will probably give it to you if you ask.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 08:58:19 AM by Pete Erskine »
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Andrew Cox

• Audio Alliance
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 09:29:35 AM »

We're a GreenGo user in the UK. We have around 50 beltpacks/station plus 2 and 4 wire converters, and also the new wireless system.

To answer a few points raised here:
- latency it's very small and not an issue at around 10ms, audio quality is superb better than any other digital system we tried ( ClearCom / Riedel ).
- reliability hasn't been an issue and GreenGo are super responsive with any changes / minor bugs.
- development seems to be happening on a weekly basis - the new wireless system is very good, it competes with Telex BTR in terms of quality and reliability.
- The system is POE and yes each pack needs it's own POE port, so you need to think about the location of switches. We've not discovered any issues with switch compatibility as yet. We've found some POE powered 2 port swicthes that are useful to put 2 packs on a single line.
- The software is easy to use and you can change pack settings remotely ( and send text messages to users! ).

Please feel free to ask any questions, and I'll do my best to help.

We've used it on some big shows and it's very well liked by users.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 09:34:37 AM by Andrew Cox »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 09:29:35 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.