ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any djs using Danley SM 80's  (Read 20291 times)

sbjacob

Re: Any djs using Danley SM 80's
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2016, 02:40:07 PM »

And they are variable (to an extent)-at least in speed------

I am wondering about the SM80 for DJ use I always like the slam that horn loaded cabinets hit in the 100Hz-160Hz range this is why I like the SPL td-1's and DBH218's set up I have or the SH96HO's depending on the venue size.
DANLEY SM96, TH118'S , BS412 OS80 ,GH60

John L Nobile

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2016, 03:39:13 PM »

I am wondering about the SM80 for DJ use I always like the slam that horn loaded cabinets hit in the 100Hz-160Hz range this is why I like the SPL td-1's and DBH218's set up I have or the SH96HO's depending on the venue size.

Don't think you'll get that slam as SM80's roll off at 160 hz.

Tamar Ghobria

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2016, 05:43:43 AM »

I ended up getting the SM 80 over 118.....Now looking for the right amp....Leaning towards Powersoft or Lab Gruppen....Also considering the QSC PLD....I am hoping to find something where I can set how much power I am pulling from the wall....I know the Powersoft has that feature

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2016, 11:59:08 AM »

I ended up getting the SM 80 over 118.....Now looking for the right amp....Leaning towards Powersoft or Lab Gruppen....Also considering the QSC PLD....I am hoping to find something where I can set how much power I am pulling from the wall....I know the Powersoft has that feature

Just use a clamp on ammeter when your system is running at its limit.  Keep it simple (and cheaper).
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Lance Hallmark

• Tampa Bay, FL
    • Hallmark Events & Entertainment
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2016, 04:42:39 PM »

I ended up going with a JTR rig, 2 Noesis 3TX (4ohm) over 2 Orbit Shifters (2 ohm). Loving it, tops are very loud & clear, the three way config brings out a lot of nuances of the tracks I play. Bass is  awesome, musical. Even at low volumes you can feel the low frequencies throughout the room.
The more I'm reading, it seems that the Danley 20k4 amp is the way to go. Lots of limiting options, including voltage, for protection, plus full DSP optimized for your specific speakers. Pick up a couple of back up amps in case of failure until you can get two of them. Buy once, cry once applies again. I'm going to look into getting one for the system listed above once I've started bringing in some more revenue from the P.A. I'm currently using 2 Crown XTI 6002s, one speaker per channel and would keep them as backup.
----------------------------------------------------
Lance Hallmark
Hallmark Events & Entertainment
Chamsys, Crown, Danley, EV, JTR, Powersoft, Yamaha

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2016, 04:42:39 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.