ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL SB210 Sub Sat system w/ Control 28 speakers - Looking to add speakers  (Read 2547 times)

Adam Grisi

So I've got a client who has a JBL SB210 subwoofer w/ 70v module tapped at 250w and 2x Control 28 (8ohm) Satellite speakers coming off the subs X-over. The setup is powered by a Crown CDi1000 in 70v bridged mono mode @ 500w. The setup sounds great for their requirements - background music and speech reinforcement in an open, very reverberate space.

They also have a pair of 4ohm PA speakers on their stage, powered by an ancient amplifier, and an 8 ch mixer. Right now all the sources are fed through a JBL mixer and the line output splits to feed the stage system and sub/sat system. They would like to eliminate the PA speakers on the stage and add 2 additional speakers to the 70v "house" system to simplify the system.

I'd like to sell them a matching sub/sat setup w/ an additional CDi to power, but I'm not sure the budget will allow. Whats the next best option?

A pair of Control 28T's on the 70v line ahead of the sub/sat system or another pair of Control 28's and set the sub for 4ohm satellites? Or recommend a pair of powered speakers for the stage?

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 06:59:11 PM by Adam Grisi »

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
Re: JBL SB210 Sub Sat system w/ Control 28 speakers - Looking to add speakers
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 09:50:07 AM »

So I've got a client who has a JBL SB210 subwoofer w/ 70v module tapped at 250w and 2x Control 28 (8ohm) Satellite speakers coming off the subs X-over. The setup is powered by a Crown CDi1000 in 70v bridged mono mode @ 500w. The setup sounds great for their requirements - background music and speech reinforcement in an open, very reverberate space.

They also have a pair of 4ohm PA speakers on their stage, powered by an ancient amplifier, and an 8 ch mixer. Right now all the sources are fed through a JBL mixer and the line output splits to feed the stage system and sub/sat system. They would like to eliminate the PA speakers on the stage and add 2 additional speakers to the 70v "house" system to simplify the system.

I'd like to sell them a matching sub/sat setup w/ an additional CDi to power, but I'm not sure the budget will allow. Whats the next best option?

A pair of Control 28T's on the 70v line ahead of the sub/sat system or another pair of Control 28's and set the sub for 4ohm satellites? Or recommend a pair of powered speakers for the stage?

Thanks

First we need to define what your goals are...

Are you trying to increase the output, or increase the coverage area?

How big is the space and what is it used for?

Where are the existing Control 28's installed in relation to the stage?

You mention the CDi1000 is in 'bridged 70v mode at 500 watts'. The CDI1000 will do 500 watts per channel at 70v. So you could just add another sub/sat system to this same amp. But that may or may not meet the actual needs of the space.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: JBL SB210 Sub Sat system w/ Control 28 speakers - Looking to add speakers
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 09:50:07 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.