ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley Go-2 Series  (Read 10950 times)

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
Re: Danley Go-2 Series
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2015, 08:23:22 PM »

I heard these at infocomm and would have bought a pile of them if they were ready. Heard all sorts of detail and definition in the demo like stick work subtlety on cymbals. Gonna need a few of these in the living room...

Jesse gray

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2015, 02:29:23 PM »

Sorry to bump this thread. but I've been out of town for a while and now have time to reply.

Thanks for the reply Ivan, Would it be possible to email someone at danley for specs?  I am looking to buy some and I have several people that are interested too. anyway, I guess I could just wait for two weeks too.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2015, 03:28:11 PM »

Sorry to bump this thread. but I've been out of town for a while and now have time to reply.

Thanks for the reply Ivan, Would it be possible to email someone at danley for specs?  I am looking to buy some and I have several people that are interested too. anyway, I guess I could just wait for two weeks too.
I could send you the basic numbers and graphs that will be on the spec sheet.  These would be the basic ratings and graphs.

It is what the guys putting the spec sheets together use for their number.

So nothing fancy at all.

You can email me   [email protected] and I can send them to you.

Today is my last day this year, but I will be checking my emails and such.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Robert Lunceford

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2016, 05:07:04 PM »

They come with a U bracket and universal mounting position.

So it appears they won't have a pole cup to mount on a tripod. It this correct?
Will there be an active version?

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2016, 06:50:08 PM »

So it appears they won't have a pole cup to mount on a tripod. It this correct?
Will there be an active version?
One of the intended applications is outdoors in fill applications.

A pole cup will provide a place to collect water-which can freeze and possibly cause damage.

A plate that mounts to the universal points will provide a pole cup option.

There are no plans for this first version of the cabinet to be powered-again because of the weatherized applications.

However-depending on the success of the cabinet, a new line is being considered that would be more of a "pole cup-portable-amplified" version.

When designing anything-there is a "target market/usage/goal" that must be considered.

The main "design idea" behind the cabinet came from the large venues that Danley has been putting systems in.

One area that we were "missing" was the many hundreds of fill speakers for underhangs etc.

While Danley has products that would work well-the cost for a weatherized version is to high for most applications.

At one large stadium, there were another manufacturers products used for these areas.  But when I brought up to the sound guy that those speakers needed to be turned up to match the main bowl speakers, he replied "Yeah I know-but when I do that they distort real bad-so we run them lower in level".

Also the size needed to be smaller.  That was the inspiration for the idea.

So while some users might buy 2 at a time-the stadium guys will buy many hundreds at a time.  Hence the design in that direction first.

A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Robert Lunceford

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2016, 12:41:24 AM »

One of the intended applications is outdoors in fill applications.

A pole cup will provide a place to collect water-which can freeze and possibly cause damage.

A plate that mounts to the universal points will provide a pole cup option.

There are no plans for this first version of the cabinet to be powered-again because of the weatherized applications.

However-depending on the success of the cabinet, a new line is being considered that would be more of a "pole cup-portable-amplified" version.

When designing anything-there is a "target market/usage/goal" that must be considered.

The main "design idea" behind the cabinet came from the large venues that Danley has been putting systems in.

One area that we were "missing" was the many hundreds of fill speakers for underhangs etc.

While Danley has products that would work well-the cost for a weatherized version is to high for most applications.

At one large stadium, there were another manufacturers products used for these areas.  But when I brought up to the sound guy that those speakers needed to be turned up to match the main bowl speakers, he replied "Yeah I know-but when I do that they distort real bad-so we run them lower in level".

Also the size needed to be smaller.  That was the inspiration for the idea.

So while some users might buy 2 at a time-the stadium guys will buy many hundreds at a time.  Hence the design in that direction first.

Hi Ivan,
Thanks for that reply. You seemed to know where I was going with my questions and your thorough answer put the goal of the product in perspective. I am hoping  that it is decided to make a portable, self powered version of this system in the near future.
From the information about the product that had been published, it really did appear to be designed for permanent installation.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2016, 07:53:08 AM »

Hi Ivan,

From the information about the product that had been published, it really did appear to be designed for permanent installation.
With the "half trap" design, it is cutaway so that it makes a nice low profile floor wedge-so no entirely install.

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

zsol

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2016, 04:40:58 AM »

What is the price per Go-2 (8CX, lets say)

Cheers

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2016, 10:10:43 AM »

What is the price per Go-2 (8CX, lets say)

Cheers
You MUST use your full real name on these forums or your post or thread will be deleted.

But you can get pricing by going here

http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/where-to-buy/

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2016, 10:10:43 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.