ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless Workbench Shure Connectivity problems  (Read 11836 times)

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
Wireless Workbench Shure Connectivity problems
« on: November 16, 2015, 08:30:36 AM »

I have never been successful keeping Wireless workbench connected.
In my current setup, all IP is set static.  Everything including my computer is 10.14.21.XXX with Mask 255.255.0.0
I am also connected to Riedel Artist at 10.13.255.14 and it has no issues staying connected.

Only some of the UHF-R RX disconnect and to get it back I need to select another network in WB and then re-select the correct one.

IP scanner shows:
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Tom Bourke

• http://www.cwalv.com
Re: Wireless Workbench Shure Connectivity problems
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 12:03:49 AM »

What is your physical set up?   I count 5 sub nets.  I also see some of the mac addresses are VERY close.
I have a mild form of Dyslexia that affects my ability to spell.  I do use spell checking to help but it does not always work.  My form of Dyslexia does not affect my reading.  Dyslexics of the world untie! <a href="http://www.cwalv.com" target="_blank">http://www.cwalv.com</a>

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 12:52:33 AM »

Pete,

Unless something has changed, monitoring and control of Wireless Workbench cannot happen across subnets.

Your problem seems to be the subnet that your computer is set to. With the subnet set to 255.255.0.0, your computer will only be able to see devices that share the first two octets of your computer's IP address (10.14). If you were to set the subnet to 255.0.0.0, then your computer could see any network devices that have a "10" as the first octet...the rest of the IP address wouldn't matter. A better option would be to stick with the same subnet, but make your IP range for everything in Wireless Workbench 10.13.x.x
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 12:59:24 AM by Jordan Wolf »
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 01:15:42 PM »

Pete,

Unless something has changed, monitoring and control of Wireless Workbench cannot happen across subnets.

Your problem seems to be the subnet that your computer is set to. With the subnet set to 255.255.0.0, your computer will only be able to see devices that share the first two octets of your computer's IP address (10.14). If you were to set the subnet to 255.0.0.0, then your computer could see any network devices that have a "10" as the first octet...the rest of the IP address wouldn't matter. A better option would be to stick with the same subnet, but make your IP range for everything in Wireless Workbench 10.13.x.x

It doesn't work at all like that, only partially the way I have it.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 01:23:59 AM »

As a clarification the subnet mask would have to be changed on all devices in order to have the broadcast IP consistent.  Just opening up the subnet mask on one host does not allow it to see across network boundaries.  That is called promiscuous mode and you need to have a sniffer program to do that.

The math behind a subnet mask is simple.   The subnet mask is logically "anded" with the IP and the result is the significant bits. 

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 09:14:20 AM »

As a clarification the subnet mask would have to be changed on all devices in order to have the broadcast IP consistent.  Just opening up the subnet mask on one host does not allow it to see across network boundaries.
Ah, yes, agreed. Sorry for the lack of clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Jelmer de Jong

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 01:16:37 PM »

This is a old topic, did you ever get it figured out?

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 09:36:52 AM »

I have never been successful keeping Wireless workbench connected.
In my current setup, all IP is set static.  Everything including my computer is 10.14.21.XXX with Mask 255.255.0.0
I am also connected to Riedel Artist at 10.13.255.14 and it has no issues staying connected.

Only some of the UHF-R RX disconnect and to get it back I need to select another network in WB and then re-select the correct one.

IP scanner shows:

I'm late to several parties today and just saw this post.

I've found that WWB and/or the Shure ULX-D's need to have routers set to DHCP and not static. Changing routers back and forth set one way vs. the other gives instant reliable connection (DHCP) vs. non-connection or unreliable (Static).

That is exactly opposite from my mixing consoles (X32), go figure.

HTH, if you didn't figure it out already.

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 03:02:23 PM »

I've found that WWB and/or the Shure ULX-D's need to have routers set to DHCP and not static. Changing routers back and forth set one way vs. the other gives instant reliable connection (DHCP) vs. non-connection or unreliable (Static).
I haven't found this to be the case - in fact, I've been running 7 ULXD4 kits for the past few days in "manual" (aka Static) mode with no issues whatsoever.

I have my Airport Express set up for Bridge mode, so no IPs are being handed out. You just have to set every parameter that is normally auto-populated by the device from DHCP.

- Jordan Wolf
Jordan Wolf
<><

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 02:12:36 AM »

I haven't found this to be the case - in fact, I've been running 7 ULXD4 kits for the past few days in "manual" (aka Static) mode with no issues whatsoever.

I have my Airport Express set up for Bridge mode, so no IPs are being handed out. You just have to set every parameter that is normally auto-populated by the device from DHCP.

- Jordan Wolf

Interesting. Mine *absolutely* refused to work with Static, no matter how many times I tried it (reentering all the values), and *instantly* connected with DHCP.

Huh.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 02:12:36 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.