ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless Workbench Shure Connectivity problems  (Read 3285 times)

Jordan Wolf

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
  • Location: Collingswood, NJ
Re: Wireless Workbench Shure Connectivity problems
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 09:41:48 am »


Interesting. Mine *absolutely* refused to work with Static, no matter how many times I tried it (reentering all the values), and *instantly* connected with DHCP.

Huh.
What version firmware are you running? I haven't had any issues with using static IPs yet, even with previous versions, but that's not to say it isn't possible, particularly if firmwares are mismatched.

I'm on the most recent release (1.7.34).


- Jordan Wolf
Logged
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Dan Mortensen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 312
Re: Wireless Workbench Shure Connectivity problems
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2016, 03:09:11 am »

What version firmware are you running? I haven't had any issues with using static IPs yet, even with previous versions, but that's not to say it isn't possible, particularly if firmwares are mismatched.

I'm on the most recent release (1.7.34).


- Jordan Wolf

Sorry for the delay in replying.

It turns out I'm not on the most recent; I have one unit that's 1.5.6 and the rest are 1.6.6.

Funny how there's been 5 or 6 updates in the last year and I've missed all of them, yet the units are working just great. The Static/DHCP hasn't been a big deal since DHCP works just fine every time. I'm tempted to not mess with it, but realize one is always supposed to be up to date.

Thanks for making me aware.
Logged

Ike Zimbel

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 186
  • I'm not a newbie, I just play one on the internet!
Re: Wireless Workbench Shure Connectivity problems
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2016, 01:51:19 pm »

Sorry for the delay in replying.

It turns out I'm not on the most recent; I have one unit that's 1.5.6 and the rest are 1.6.6.

Funny how there's been 5 or 6 updates in the last year and I've missed all of them, yet the units are working just great. The Static/DHCP hasn't been a big deal since DHCP works just fine every time. I'm tempted to not mess with it, but realize one is always supposed to be up to date.

Thanks for making me aware.
This raises an interesting conundrum...the age-old "if-it-ain't broke..." vs. the "always stay up-to-date" theory. I've been using the latter one based on the assumption that if I ever do have to phone tech support, the first thing they are going to ask is "What version of the firmware are you on?" which is usually then followed by "You should update that..."
When I was prepping for TED this year, I spent a fair bit of time updating all of the units to 1.7.34...and I still had issues with WB dropping the connection several times a day.
Logged
~Ike Zimbel~
Wireless frequency coordination specialist.
~416-720-0887~
ca.linkedin.com/pub/ike-zimbel/48/aa1/266

Pete Jones

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4
Re: Wireless Workbench Shure Connectivity problems
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2016, 02:19:52 pm »

I dont know if this is useful to anyone but....
I have all my ulx-d receivers connected to a dante network, and wanted to use dante controller, wwb and the console editor at the same time.

Dante uses the auto ip in the 169.254.x.x range
The console defaults to 192.168.1.x range
And I discovered the receivers have a dante ip address, but also a *control* ip address, which defaults to 192.168.2.x range.

Having had all kinds of issues with wwb using the a 169.254.x.x address on my laptop ( units disappearing, unable to perform scans etc.) I set my pc to have 3 ip addresses, one in each of the ranges I mentioned above, and set wwb to use thie 192.168.2.x address (appears as a separate network interface in wwb settings.

It worked a treat and I was able to use wwb, Dante controller and console editor no problem.

In order to add extra ip addresses in windows you need to go to the ipv4 settings and click on advanced, then click add. I had no idea you could do this until we googled it during a very long boring show.....
Logged

Pete Erskine

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 959
    • Best Audio
Re: Wireless Workbench Shure Connectivity problems
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2016, 03:01:57 pm »

Pete,

Unless something has changed, monitoring and control of Wireless Workbench cannot happen across subnets.

Your problem seems to be the subnet that your computer is set to. With the subnet set to 255.255.0.0, your computer will only be able to see devices that share the first two octets of your computer's IP address (10.14). If you were to set the subnet to 255.0.0.0, then your computer could see any network devices that have a "10" as the first octet...the rest of the IP address wouldn't matter. A better option would be to stick with the same subnet, but make your IP range for everything in Wireless Workbench 10.13.x.x

I was recently told by Steve Caldwell that the Shure AAB works best on a 10Mb network and do not work well on 100Mb. 
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
 

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 18 queries.