ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help identifying some weatherproof speakers from an install  (Read 1971 times)

Mitch Philips

Hello all, I need help IDing some weatherproof speakers from a local outdoor mall/concert venue. I have 3 pictures of the speakers. The only problem is that these were replaced quite some time ago so I had to go on the internet and find pictures.

I've circled the speakers I'm looking for in red: http://imgur.com/a/9CL6j

Some background of the venue: It has a large jumbo-tron type screen that plays music videos towards the center of the venue. The speakers around the Jumbo-tron are a variety of Community R-series speakers which made me think that these speakers may be made by Community, but they don't match Community's M.O.

These are made of wood and not plastic so they aren't generic outdoor speakers. These are quite old (installed around 2000).

If you have any ideas of who could have made these or even a model number, please let me know! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sorry about the poor quality of the pictures, they are the best I could find. I would be glad to answer any questions you may have.
-Mitch
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 02:31:07 AM by Mitch Philips »

Jon Fu

Re: Need help identifying some weatherproof speakers from an install
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 05:40:42 PM »

They're made by Tannoy, and they look like they're part of the V series.

Tannoy at Universal Studios Hollywood by Jon Fu, on Flickr

They've been replaced by a combination of Bose Panaray MA12EX sticks and FreeSpace DS 100SE surface mount speakers with MB12/24 subwoofers. The main stage that you're referring to has been replaced by a L-Acoustics KUDO installation.

Mitch Philips

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 10:56:37 PM »

They're made by Tannoy, and they look like they're part of the V series.

Wow! Nice work! I'm surprised they still use them considering how old they are. It must be a testament to their build quality :)

Thank you so much! I'm sorry I didn't get back to you quicker.
-Mitch

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 10:56:37 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.