ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: COMBO case  (Read 4995 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: COMBO case
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 12:14:45 AM »

We tour with a double-wide rack with a mixer on top. We do not always have hands, but there is usually 4-5 people loading in.

Ours houses stage snakes, IEM's, X32, X32r, S16, and some wireless receivers. Its a heavy bitch. I'd guess its close to 400 pounds.  Ours has 4 big casters on it. I think they are 5" Colsons. Big puppies.

Its not too bad usually, but maybe 3-4 times a year it won't fit through a doorway, and maybe a dozen times a year we have to lift it on to a stage. It takes AT LEAST 4 burly guys to lift it.

On the good side, all of our stuff stays patched. Subsnakes pull right out and go to the stage. All our gear has been trouble free for about 2 years in this thing. It makes setup a breeze. We can go from unloaded to show ready in about 15 minutes when we put our minds to it!
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 04:05:00 AM »

No way that will have a happy ending. Take the money you would spend on the case and get a nice multipin disconnect setup built to tie your components together in separate cases.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2015, 08:13:48 AM »

No way that will have a happy ending. Take the money you would spend on the case and get a nice multipin disconnect setup built to tie your components together in separate cases.

Food for thought Mike. I stack 4ea. 12 and 16U cases side by side. One of my main goals here is to is to replace the case I keep my Expression in with a slant top case. The top case carries the Expression, Integra-7, DBX 4800, WAP, power. If there is a case with a slant top you might recommend that will play nicely with all of that and a bit more it might just work.

The case under that used to carry all of the mixer outboard gear and 3ea. RMX2400 for monitors and a pair of QSC 3602s for vocals. All of the backline hardware and computers, drawers, etc. are in a duplicate stack to the left of the mixer racks.

The heaviest rack is the backline amplifier rack. 2ea 4050, 2ea. 3602 plus all the other crap. Above that sits the rack mount CPU, drawer, keyboard, mouse, MIDI interface, hub.

Currently all of this fits nicely into 2ea. 12U and 2ea. 16U racks. The goal is to re-mount the Expression, reduce case count on stage, manage interconnect between the racks.

I'm open for idea's, even if it means leaving things as they are.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2015, 08:31:56 AM »

Current FOH.

I like  8)

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2015, 11:26:27 PM »

Food for thought Mike. I stack 4ea. 12 and 16U cases side by side. One of my main goals here is to is to replace the case I keep my Expression in with a slant top case. The top case carries the Expression, Integra-7, DBX 4800, WAP, power. If there is a case with a slant top you might recommend that will play nicely with all of that and a bit more it might just work.

The case under that used to carry all of the mixer outboard gear and 3ea. RMX2400 for monitors and a pair of QSC 3602s for vocals. All of the backline hardware and computers, drawers, etc. are in a duplicate stack to the left of the mixer racks.

The heaviest rack is the backline amplifier rack. 2ea 4050, 2ea. 3602 plus all the other crap. Above that sits the rack mount CPU, drawer, keyboard, mouse, MIDI interface, hub.

Currently all of this fits nicely into 2ea. 12U and 2ea. 16U racks. The goal is to re-mount the Expression, reduce case count on stage, manage interconnect between the racks.

I'm open for idea's, even if it means leaving things as they are.

While I am also a big QSC amp fan, perhaps replacing the RMX heavyweights with lighter amps?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 12:24:38 AM »

So, unlike my homebrew parallel printer cable set up, what is the standard for lounge level multipins?  DB25s still?

Dave Bednarski

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 08:26:21 PM »

I've got an OSP side by side for my primary monitor rack, similar to this:

No top rack, but maybe they make one?  The 6 casters help a lot.  Dead lifts are no fun, though.

Dave

If you want to make a trip to the Allentown, PA area - you can have the above pictured case for free-to-a-good-home.  I loved it when I had a need for it.  Now its taking up room in storage. (Sorry to hijack)

Bob Charest

• Lab Lounge
  • Westbrook ME, USA
    • Bob Charest Band
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 09:35:20 PM »

So, unlike my homebrew parallel printer cable set up, what is the standard for lounge level multipins?  DB25s still?
For our multipin I went with Whirlwind W3. Still love it too! Our runs all drum and backline inputs to the board and has one channel that supplies signal for stage left... Quickens things up nicely when setting up.

Now, about the wide case and weight thing...

We have a double-wide case that we had custom made from a case company in Worchester, MA. It houses the LS9-32 on top and all our wireless gear below. Weighs about 340 lbs. I don't know how we missed it (as we normally are pretty specific when advancing) but got to the gig this past Saturday in Millinocket ME (about 3 hours travel) and found that there were 10 steps between where we roll in and the level we played on. It took the four of us almost 15 minutes just to get that beast up the stairs. We were originally going to do the load-in with two people, but fortunately, two more of our crew were able to make it... Good thing, as we couldn't have possibly done it with just two people. Single-width modular solutions are looking very interesting to me at this point! :-)

Best regards,
Bob Charest

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 09:35:20 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 25 queries.