ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: First Gig with SRX818's  (Read 28377 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: First Gig with SRX818's
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2015, 01:33:06 PM »

Interesting, didn't know about the Mon/high freqs... i should prob break out SMAART and see exactly what does occur...

Mike

I'd be interested to hear what you find out Mike. When I used to own the PRX tops, I never used the monitor setting ( when used FOH) so I never looked into exactly what the setting did. I always used 'main' and had the subs set to HP. This point just happened to come up in conversation yesterday.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Thomas bryant

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2015, 01:51:13 PM »

the 12's or the 15's. I love the sound of 15's, but both units are very heavy compared to what I've been using. I look forward to hearing more on what you think about your SRX tops.
[/quote]

The 812 (58#)can be put on a pole by a 60yr old man, I'm sure the 815 (63#taller/wider)would take two people to put the box on a pole. 

I used to fit 4 - 718's 4 - 712's, 1 amp rack, mixer and deluxe reverb in my Explore. With the SRX800's, I only can fit 2 - 818, 2 - 812 and 4 - 712's, amps and mixer. I'm glad I can only fit 2 818's, I won't be buy 2 more.  If need more bottom end I will rent!....I like the 2 handles on each side!

SRX800's are bigger boxes w/amp and sound bigger too!

« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 04:42:04 PM by Thomas bryant »

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2015, 06:22:53 PM »

I'd be interested to hear what you find out Mike. When I used to own the PRX tops, I never used the monitor setting ( when used FOH) so I never looked into exactly what the setting did. I always used 'main' and had the subs set to HP. This point just happened to come up in conversation yesterday.

http://www.jblpro.com/ProductAttachments/PRX615M_specsheet_v7.pdf

Steve Garris

« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2015, 07:35:51 PM »

I spoke to JBL yesterday regarding this subject as I wanted to know what my options are when pairing up the new SRX boxes with other brands/ series.
PRX tops came up because we were talking about mixing the 2 series.  Mention was made of the 'monitor ' setting on the PRX tops but remember, the lower frequencies are not CUT on that setting. The upper and lower frequencies are merely reduced.
If you chose the monitor setting, you would have to EQ back in the upper frequencies - which is exactly the same as EQ'ing OUT the lower ones in the 'Main' setting-......

That's great to know. I think I tried the monitor setting once, and was pretty sure I would never use it that way. I'll be interested to see what Mike comes up with.

Steve Garris

« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2015, 07:39:02 PM »

the 12's or the 15's. I love the sound of 15's, but both units are very heavy compared to what I've been using. I look forward to hearing more on what you think about your SRX tops.

The 812 (58#)can be put on a pole by a 60yr old man, I'm sure the 815 (63#taller/wider)would take two people to put the box on a pole. 

I used to fit 4 - 718's 4 - 712's, 1 amp rack, mixer and deluxe reverb in my Explore. With the SRX800's, I only can fit 2 - 818, 2 - 812 and 4 - 712's, amps and mixer. I'm glad I can only fit 2 818's, I won't be buy 2 more.  If need more bottom end I will rent!....I like the 2 handles on each side!

SRX800's are bigger boxes w/amp and sound bigger too!

Thanks Thomas, sigh.... I really prefer 15's but it looks like I'll have to go with the 12's. I'm also very tight on space. These new SRX tops are really getting rave reviews, including the 12's so I'm betting I'll be happy.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2015, 07:51:34 PM »

Me too…. I have read contradicting info on this so far….

Page 20 of the PRXseries user guide supports what I was told yesterday…...

https://www.jblpro.com/ProductAttachments/DOC_1672.pdf

A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Callan Browne

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Rubix
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2015, 08:12:06 PM »

Me too…. I have read contradicting info on this so far….

I believe the Boost / Flat button is only on the 625 and 635 units.
The 612 and 615 has Mon / main, so that graph is not relevant for the OP.
Not that the manual is at all clear in that regard here.

You'll also only see the boost mentioned in the spec section (from page 13) on the 625 and 635's and not on the 612/615's

Steve - I'm with you with not wanting to carry any more gear, I'm the same myself.
Do you have access to a crossover within your mixer?
One way to get another output when you need 6 aux's for monitors, would be to run the tops in mono. You still only use 2 outputs, one for sub the other for tops.

I used to have PRX-615's and I think as you get the volume up, you'll want to keep the lower bass frequencies out of those tops.
Melbourne Cover band: Rubix!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2015, 08:20:49 PM »

I believe the Boost / Flat button is only on the 625 and 635 units.
The 612 and 615 has Mon / main, so that graph is not relevant for the OP.
Not that the manual is at all clear in that regard here.

You'll also only see the boost mentioned in the spec section (from page 13) on the 625 and 635's and not on the 612/615's

Steve - I'm with you with not wanting to carry any more gear, I'm the same myself.
Do you have access to a crossover within your mixer?
One way to get another output when you need 6 aux's for monitors, would be to run the tops in mono. You still only use 2 outputs, one for sub the other for tops.

I used to have PRX-615's and I think as you get the volume up, you'll want to keep the lower bass frequencies out of those tops.

I should have spent more time checking - oops…..but yes, it is all a little vague...

Thomas bryant

« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2015, 10:19:52 PM »

Thanks Thomas, sigh.... I really prefer 15's but it looks like I'll have to go with the 12's. I'm also very tight on space. These new SRX tops are really getting rave reviews, including the 12's so I'm betting I'll be happy.
Now is the time to by one online site has 812's under $1,000..

Mike Christy

• Southern Maine
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2015, 06:04:41 AM »

https://www.jblpro.com/ProductAttachments/DOC_1672.pdf

Excellent! Edited - it IS in the manual. How did I miss that? I though I looked everywhere...

(editorial: thats a poorly written section, no correlation between the text ( BOOST/FLAT) and the silkscreen on the panel. ).. I digress...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 06:13:09 AM by Mike Christy »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2015, 06:04:41 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.