ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: First Gig with SRX818's  (Read 28687 times)

Steve Garris

Re: First Gig with SRX818's
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2015, 12:17:08 AM »

But I am wondering what I should set mine to…. Steve, you said you use the 'main' setting on the tops. The subs and the tops each have the 'SRX TOP/SUB' setting and I am a bit confused about this.
The first time I tried them together at home, I used the same principle I have been using with my PRX718's and I set the sub to 'SRX TOP'  to tell it to HP to the tops. Then I set the SRX815 to main (so that only the HP in the sub would be in use). However, I was still getting a lot of low frequencies through the tops. I then set them to 'SRX SUB' and it sounded fine.
What settings should I be using when running the SRX815's and the SRX828 together??

To clarify - my tops are PRX615's. The "main" setting simply means full range.

And to add - If I understand it correctly - The SRX presets are DSP settings designed to optimize the speakers with other SRX speakers, or other speakers of different brand. Check out page 27 of the manual. Set SRX815's to SRX Sub. Set SRX828's to SRX Top.

For my system I'm using the 80Hz Preset.

Steve Garris

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2015, 12:23:53 AM »

Did you say you have the PRX615 top? 12 o'clock is +4

Thanks - Did not know that. I see it's marked right behind the knob.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2015, 03:12:17 AM »

The SRX subs do not have a highpassed xlr out. You should use your SRX tops with the highpass engaged as you are doing.
Thanks Mike - so what do the 60hz,  80hz  100hz and  'SRX TOP' settings on the SRX subs actually mean?

This would mean that Steve is not using any high pass setting at all.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 03:14:34 AM by Debbie Dunkley »
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2015, 03:57:04 AM »

Thanks Mike - so what do the 60hz,  80hz  100hz and  'SRX TOP' settings on the SRX subs actually mean?

Those would be the lowpass settings for the sub.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2015, 08:26:01 AM »

Thanks - Did not know that. I see it's marked right behind the knob.

That kind of changes everything now.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2015, 10:15:29 AM »

Those would be the lowpass settings for the sub.
OK - that makes sense. I have been so used to my subs having HP output as opposed to full range output. In the past, certainly for the PRX series, JBL always added the HP to the subs - not the tops like QSC for example. This means though that Steve is not using a crossover at all in his system as his tops are PRX.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Steve Garris

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2015, 12:58:27 PM »

OK - that makes sense. I have been so used to my subs having HP output as opposed to full range output. In the past, certainly for the PRX series, JBL always added the HP to the subs - not the tops like QSC for example. This means though that Steve is not using a crossover at all in his system as his tops are PRX.

Correct. The through jack is full range, and my tops are running full range, but the subs are low-passed at 80 Hz.

Steve Garris

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2015, 01:00:23 PM »

That kind of changes everything now.

Everything? I have no idea what you mean by that?

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2015, 01:41:39 PM »

Correct. The through jack is full range, and my tops are running full range, but the subs are low-passed at 80 Hz.

Interesting.. So you are not finding it a problem with those overlapping low frequencies?

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2015, 03:50:54 PM »

Everything? I have no idea what you mean by that?

Originally you were trying to increase the output of your sub to keep up with your top. It appeared you had the gain on the tops all the way up....it really should have been at half way (+4) all along.

Now that the gain is where it should be, are the subs keeping up?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2015, 03:50:54 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.