ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIDER freq response question  (Read 21998 times)

Aaron Weidner

Re: RIDER freq response question
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2015, 10:30:24 PM »

Aaron's comment is a response to a statement up-thread about 20Hz response @ commercially usable levels being relatively rare.

Thank you Tim, I appreciate it. That is why I posted that quote.

Tim Weaver, quite an unnecessary comment. I believe it didn't contribute anything either, did it? 

Your only a couple of hours away from Austin according to your signature. I highly suggest giving bassboss a call to set up a listening demo so you can make your own assumptions.

Doug Fowler (SP?) is the one that I believe was in the presence of the aforementioned testing possibly. I know he has worked with them before.

I own a pair of ZV28s and a pair of DV8s BUT I am in no way a corporate spokesmen. Their systems speak for themselves.

I apologize for interrupting the thread. I did not mean to ruffle feathers. Most of you here have more than enough knowledge to squash me in an instant.

I appreciate the knowledge shared so far being a part of this forum.

Thank You.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2015, 12:25:30 AM »

Tim Weaver, quite an unnecessary comment. I believe it didn't contribute anything either, did it? 

Your only a couple of hours away from Austin according to your signature. I highly suggest giving bassboss a call to set up a listening demo so you can make your own assumptions.

Doug Fowler (SP?) is the one that I believe was in the presence of the aforementioned testing possibly. I know he has worked with them before.

I own a pair of ZV28s and a pair of DV8s BUT I am in no way a corporate spokesmen. Their systems speak for themselves.

I apologize for interrupting the thread. I did not mean to ruffle feathers. Most of you here have more than enough knowledge to squash me in an instant.

Thank You.

I've heard some of David Lee's work - stompin' stuff and very attuned to genres that need strong <30Hz reproduction.

Not everything needs 20Hz nor can everyone that wants it, afford it.  C'est la vie.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2015, 01:33:12 AM »

I joke to people all the time that I can't hear above 1.2K. They ask how can I mix. I say I turn knobs and look around at the audience. If the audience looks over at me after I moved a knob, I turn the knob back where it was!  ;D

I'm going to have to do a dancer listening demo.

Gentlemen, put your hands together for Candy and lets see if she can hear 14K! Next up is Diamond.
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2015, 09:53:59 AM »

I joke to people all the time that I can't hear above 1.2K. They ask how can I mix. I say I turn knobs and look around at the audience. If the audience looks over at me after I moved a knob, I turn the knob back where it was!  ;D

I'm going to have to do a dancer listening demo.

Gentlemen, put your hands together for Candy and lets see if she can hear 14K! Next up is Diamond.
Now why do I believe that is true :)

How many drinks do the dancers get before the test?

And are they dancing to a rhythmic 14K?

Last thing I heard was "treble don't get the party started".

But I could be wrong.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
RIDER freq response question
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2015, 11:21:23 AM »

Thank You.

Its because your statements sound like a corporate shill interjecting into a legitimate discussion. Do you work for or sell BassBoss? I'm trying to keep the discussion on track.

And no need to tell me about Bass Boss/Maxx/Uber/Stank or whatever their crazy DJ name is this week. I've used them and I'm a fan. I like what they can do, I just wish the factory would put out a line of speakers for more than 2 weeks at a stretch. Everytime I see some BassXxxx equipment it is a different model.

JBL, Nexo, D&B, L'Acoustic, etc are what they are, in part, because you can go anywhere in the world and get the same system with the same performance over and over again.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2015, 07:56:56 AM »

JBL, Nexo, D&B, L'Acoustic, etc are what they are, in part, because you can go anywhere in the world and get the same system with the same performance over and over again.

......neither would they have a website with "beauty shots" of flawed product:The S8 has a mis-cut grille and obvious seam misalignment on rear panel.

"Accessories" shows a "Distro" that flouts common sense and practice.

Etc.

I do not wish to be harsh, but what we may have here is a case of confirmation bias: "I own it, therefore it is the best"...

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2015, 11:45:58 AM »

Its because your statements sound like a corporate shill interjecting into a legitimate discussion. Do you work for or sell BassBoss? I'm trying to keep the discussion on track.

And no need to tell me about Bass Boss/Maxx/Uber/Stank or whatever their crazy DJ name is this week. I've used them and I'm a fan. I like what they can do, I just wish the factory would put out a line of speakers for more than 2 weeks at a stretch. Everytime I see some BassXxxx equipment it is a different model.

Why have you never replied with this reaction to any of the similar injections of Danley speakers into other topics? It is much more prevalent, and often denigrates other products at the same time, and involves actual manufacturer representation.

Mac

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2015, 01:54:36 PM »

Because Ivan, Tom, and Mike are well known spokes people for Danley.

It just struck me as weird when a noob speaks up with such a blatant positive "review" of a certain product when we were talking about band riders.

Sorry if I've offended anyone, and I certainly am not for or against BassBoss or any other manufacturer trying to participate in the forums, but their affiliations need to be known.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2015, 02:13:17 PM »

Because Ivan, Tom, and Mike are well known spokes people for Danley.

And are therefore forbidden from promoting their own products or denigrating other products. Aaron on the other hand is not a representative of a manufacturer and may post what he wants about products he uses.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2015, 02:13:17 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 23 queries.