ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Antenna combiner recommendations for IEMs  (Read 5201 times)

Nate Zifra

Antenna combiner recommendations for IEMs
« on: September 21, 2015, 12:00:11 PM »

My apologies for the "Lounge" level question, but this question is related to wireless IEM's.

I have three transmitters that operate in the following frequency range: 903Mhz-926.50Mhz Bandwidth: 25Mhz range

I can provide more specs if required.  The transmitters  are racked, with the stock antenna's moved to the front of the rack.  This is a mobile rig and the location of the rack to the performers will change based on the venue.  I'd like to investigate using a combiner and an external antenna to provide better reliability (get the antenna up in the air, give more distance from wireless router, etc). 

The closest I've been able to find online is the MIPro AD-808 http://avlex.com/products/ad-808-4-channel-active-antenna-combiner/.  Specs say it works into the 960Mhz range, and uses TNC connectors which matches the transmitters. 

Thank you in advance for your help!

Nathan

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
Re: Antenna combiner recommendations for IEMs
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 09:41:16 PM »

My apologies for the "Lounge" level question, but this question is related to wireless IEM's.

I have three transmitters that operate in the following frequency range: 903Mhz-926.50Mhz Bandwidth: 25Mhz range

I can provide more specs if required.  The transmitters  are racked, with the stock antenna's moved to the front of the rack.  This is a mobile rig and the location of the rack to the performers will change based on the venue.  I'd like to investigate using a combiner and an external antenna to provide better reliability (get the antenna up in the air, give more distance from wireless router, etc). 

The closest I've been able to find online is the MIPro AD-808 http://avlex.com/products/ad-808-4-channel-active-antenna-combiner/.  Specs say it works into the 960Mhz range, and uses TNC connectors which matches the transmitters.

The Mipro combiner should, according to the specs, work for your application, as will the RFVenue Combine4
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 12:24:24 AM »

The Mipro combiner should, according to the specs, work for your application, as will the RFVenue Combine4

Nate, you're new so I'll fill you in.  if Henry blesses it, consider that end of thread. 😀
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 09:15:26 PM »

Nate, you're new so I'll fill you in.  if Henry blesses it, consider that end of thread. 😀

I'm not blessing it, I simply said based on the specs it should work. Blessings are reserved for reeeeally good barbecue.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 10:16:45 PM »

I'm not blessing it, I simply said based on the specs it should work. Blessings are reserved for reeeeally good barbecue.

Touché'. 😀
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 07:39:09 AM »

I struggle a bit with believing the Mipro products are of any real quality.
Maybe I am wrong but they don't seem to be a well known and used brand in the RF world.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 09:43:13 PM »

I struggle a bit with believing the Mipro products are of any real quality.
Maybe I am wrong but they don't seem to be a well known and used brand in the RF world.

I had the same impression at first.  Turns out Mipro is the OEM for Beyerdynamic wireless and a few other folks.

In the USA they are represented by Ray Rayburn who has a stellar reputation for only handling stuff that really works.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 06:33:57 AM »

I had the same impression at first.  Turns out Mipro is the OEM for Beyerdynamic wireless and a few other folks.

In the USA they are represented by Ray Rayburn who has a stellar reputation for only handling stuff that really works.
I stand corrected.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 06:33:57 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.