ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Raspberry together with x32/x-air  (Read 18867 times)

Ed Hall

• Classic LAB
  • Lansdale, PA
Re: Raspberry together with x32/x-air
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2017, 08:07:05 PM »

I don't think there's an upstream Ardour build for anything other than x86 and amd64, but it exists in the Debian repositories, so most Debian-based distros should have some version of it or other (although typically not the latest) on any supported platform.

-Russ

I played around with a few of these but wasn't able to get it to install on my Pi under Raspbian. Admittedly, I am very new to both the Pi and Linux, so it's very possible I did something wrong in the process.
I can't change reality just because you don't like it!

Christian Speier

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2017, 07:00:56 AM »

I don't think there's an upstream Ardour build for anything other than x86 and amd64, but it exists in the Debian repositories, so most Debian-based distros should have some version of it or other (although typically not the latest) on any supported platform.

-Russ

No, there is no upstream build for ARMxx from Ardour.org.
I simply upgraded to the armhf port of Debian testing from Armbian on the BananaPi. Debian testing comes with Ardour5.12 (the most recent version) and no outdated crap. It also runs the RaspberryPi version of X32-Edit.

But forget the/any RaspberryPi for recording more than a handful of tracks. Those boards are all crippled in terms of IO, as everything has to go through the single USB port of the SOC. Thats why I went with the Bananapi, which has USB, network and a quite fast, real SATA interface directly connected to the processor bus.

There is also another recording solution based on the BananaPi: http://www.elacom.de/bananatracker.php

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2017, 07:00:56 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.