ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Brady wins ruling  (Read 7075 times)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Brady wins ruling
« on: September 03, 2015, 10:42:43 AM »

As it should be, Tom Brady has won his case, the suspension is vacated, and Roger G. can kiss Patriots Nations collective asses. Not only is this good for the Patriots, but illustrates what is wrong with a dictatorship called Goodell. All of NFL will benefit from this decision which proves once again that people in America can't be prosecuted for something they might have done without proof. This was a witch hunt, a kangaroo court without merit and the decision is exactly what it should have been. Brady NOT GUILTY.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/09/03/tom-brady-defeats-nfl-judge-berman-rules-to-vacate-four-game-suspension/

BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
Re: Brady wins ruling
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 10:51:42 AM »

OK maybe you football fans can explain to me why each team gets to use it's own foot ball? In basketball both teams use the same ball, that would make all this drama go away.

I don't doubt that given the opportunity some teams would try to gain an advantage. The stakes are pretty high. Why not make it impossible to cheat? At least that way.

When we have grown men playing kids games for obscene amounts of money, they unfortunately act like grown ups.

JR

Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 12:09:06 PM »

JR...

I think it's so the millionaire players can sulk and "take my ball and go home" when things don't go their way.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 12:12:20 PM »

Each QB is allowed to choose footballs from previous practices that "feel" good to them. The balls can be roughed up, just like a baseball, prior to the game and within guidelines. Stickum can NOT be applied, and the balls must be inflated within a specific pressure. The balls, usually 24 of them, are then given to the referee's who are then supposed to check the balls again prior to the game. Once checked by the referee the balls are not handled again by the team until the are put into play. In other cases similar to this teams were found to have applied stickum (warning), and to have heated the balls during a game (also a warning). The Patriots have never been one of those teams.

Kicking balls are not altered and are marked by the referee's with a "K". The kicking balls come from the factory, are removed from the box, then put into play. Teams have been found to have inflated these balls to 16lb on the sidelines (warning).  The Patriots have never been one of those teams.

There is no precedent to this so called "deflate gate". This was a motivated effort by a few team owners to "slap" Brady and the Patriots. All bullshit and totally unfounded as is pointed out by Barman's decision.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 12:29:48 PM »

Each QB is allowed to choose footballs from previous practices that "feel" good to them. The balls can be roughed up, just like a baseball, prior to the game and within guidelines. Stickum can NOT be applied, and the balls must be inflated within a specific pressure. The balls, usually 24 of them, are then given to the referee's who are then supposed to check the balls again prior to the game. Once checked by the referee the balls are not handled again by the team until the are put into play. In other cases similar to this teams were found to have applied stickum (warning), and to have heated the balls during a game (also a warning). The Patriots have never been one of those teams.

Kicking balls are not altered and are marked by the referee's with a "K". The kicking balls come from the factory, are removed from the box, then put into play. Teams have been found to have inflated these balls to 16lb on the sidelines (warning).  The Patriots have never been one of those teams.

There is no precedent to this so called "deflate gate". This was a motivated effort by a few team owners to "slap" Brady and the Patriots. All bullshit and totally unfounded as is pointed out by Barman's decision.
I remain unconvinced that they need separate balls, but this does appear to be bad behavior/management from all sides.

The whining is far from over...

Good news is I don't really care, it's not like this is about basketball or some sport I like.  ::)

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 01:20:41 PM »

Good news is I don't really care, it's not like this is about basketball or some sport I like.

Or even real football!

Steve.

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 01:24:22 PM »

I agree, Brady was the wrong one to go after. It was not about an individual - it was a team fault.
The penalty and timing were both in error.
The entire team should have been disqualified, and been denied the win.  What that would do to the team's future in the season is immaterial.  (I don't care which team, who within the team, etc. as a TEAM takes glory or lumps together)

As for the BS of "team balls", "kicking balls" - what a f*&^king joke!

In golf, a gentleman's  game, a competitor is expected to call a "foul" on themselves, and in stroke play, if the penalty is not assessed before the next teeing, anytime after the mistake is discovered, the competitor can be disqualified from the entire tournament.  A competitor can be disqualified for something as simple as not signing the scorecard, or signing an incorrect scorecard (the official one kept by the caddy).

In auto racing, a team member puts on the wrong tires - or fails scrutineering - penalty is to the entire team, including the driver and owners who had direct hand in the mistake.

Too late now. Game and subsequent game are over and done. Time for anything that would have resembled justice long gone and past.

frank

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 02:49:53 PM »

Read the report.

One interesting thing I had not known before...
When the Colts player brought the football (Patriots ball) to the sidelines, he gave it to his coaching staff. They, instead of immediately handing it over to officials, took it on themselves to measure the pressure therefore tainting the evidence. Sheesh!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2015, 03:06:53 PM »

Obviously the most over-inflated thing in this whole scenario is the commissioners ego...
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2015, 09:48:41 PM »

I agree, Brady was the wrong one to go after. It was not about an individual - it was a team fault.
The penalty and timing were both in error.
The entire team should have been disqualified, and been denied the win.  What that would do to the team's future in the season is immaterial.  (I don't care which team, who within the team, etc. as a TEAM takes glory or lumps together)

As for the BS of "team balls", "kicking balls" - what a f*&^king joke!

In golf, a gentleman's  game, a competitor is expected to call a "foul" on themselves, and in stroke play, if the penalty is not assessed before the next teeing, anytime after the mistake is discovered, the competitor can be disqualified from the entire tournament.  A competitor can be disqualified for something as simple as not signing the scorecard, or signing an incorrect scorecard (the official one kept by the caddy).

In auto racing, a team member puts on the wrong tires - or fails scrutineering - penalty is to the entire team, including the driver and owners who had direct hand in the mistake.

Too late now. Game and subsequent game are over and done. Time for anything that would have resembled justice long gone and past.

frank

Surely you jest.

Everyone hates a winner. Boston hates the Yankee's, Montreal, and LA because they're always winning and beating our teams. That's called a rivalry, but at the end of the day those teams have our respect. In that regard everyone not a Patriot fan hates the Patriots, and that's called sour grapes. If you don't want to read the judges decision it's of no matter to me. But to make such a ridiculous statement indicating the game should be forfeit ? That's just sour grapes from a fan with a losing team.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2015, 09:48:41 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.