ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Allen and Heath GLD series discontinued?  (Read 3175 times)

Scott Slater

Allen and Heath GLD series discontinued?
« on: September 03, 2015, 08:04:34 AM »

It looks as if the GLD series from A&H might be discontinued.  Some places that have sold out of their inventory on the GLD80 and GLD112, are stating that the product is no longer available or discontinued.

Do any of you A&H authorized dealers have any info on this?  Will they be replacing this line with a new product, or are they ditching it altogether?

The GLD is still on the Allen and Heath website, but it's looking like this might be EOL on this product.  I hope that this is not the case, or that they will replace it with a similar product line.

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/allen-and-heath-gld-80/83361

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GLD112

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
Re: Allen and Heath GLD series discontinued?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 08:10:12 AM »

It looks as if the GLD series from A&H might be discontinued.  Some places that have sold out of their inventory on the GLD80 and GLD112, are stating that the product is no longer available or discontinued.

Do any of you A&H authorized dealers have any info on this?  Will they be replacing this line with a new product, or are they ditching it altogether?

The GLD is still on the Allen and Heath website, but it's looking like this might be EOL on this product.  I hope that this is not the case, or that they will replace it with a similar product line.

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/allen-and-heath-gld-80/83361

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GLD112

This has already been discussed here.  It is not discontinued, just marketing hype to generate sales.  There is a new GLD look, the Chrome Edition.  Different look, some added features but all features follow a firmware update that is available to previous owners as well, not Chrome specific.
They are essentially the same boards as before with different trim pieces.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Scott Slater

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 08:11:44 AM »

This has already been discussed here.  It is not discontinued, just marketing hype to generate sales.  There is a new GLD look, the Chrome Edition.  Different look, some added features but all features follow a firmware update that is available to previous owners as well, not Chrome specific.
They are essentially the same boards as before with different trim pieces.

Lee

Sweetwater did have the GLD112 Chrome, but now claims that it is no longer available.

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 08:16:32 AM »

Sweetwater did have the GLD112 Chrome, but now claims that it is no longer available.

Sweetwater is saying that it is not currently available, as in out of stock.  The Chrome is the current/new edition of the GLD console.  Sweetwater has no inventory but is taking orders last I checked (a few minutes ago).  Our rep has not said anything about the GLD line going away, just that it is being updated.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Scott Slater

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 08:18:41 AM »

Sweetwater is saying that it is not currently available, as in out of stock.  The Chrome is the current/new edition of the GLD console.  Sweetwater has no inventory but is taking orders last I checked (a few minutes ago).  Our rep has not said anything about the GLD line going away, just that it is being updated.

Lee

Thank you.  I am hoping not.  I love my GLD80, and want to pick up a 112 next spring.

Michael Gorecki

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 01:56:08 AM »

Just bought a GLD2-112  last week. Definitely still available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 01:56:08 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.