ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL SRX800 series information  (Read 34406 times)

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
Re: JBL SRX800 series information
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2016, 01:59:59 PM »

You will have to save the setting as a preset. Once you do that you can turn the unit off and back on and it will stay on that preset until it is changed.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Josh Evangelista

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2016, 02:20:52 PM »

You will have to save the setting as a preset. Once you do that you can turn the unit off and back on and it will stay on that preset until it is changed.

Is this on Audio Architect or SRX Connect?

Luke Geis

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2016, 03:01:32 PM »

both

Roland Clarke

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2016, 06:39:46 AM »

I'm looking at a small form system, 2 SRX812's and a single 828 sub.  Most of what I need it for are smaller local shows where I've been hiring kit, (2xQ7's, 2xQ subs, or DB technologies 2xS20's with 3 T4's a side).  It's got to the stage where budgets don't make this viable for the small (200-300 people), so I need a small rig to do these myself, but I don't want to compromise quality.  Most of the bands I do are funk, soul, blues, jazz, lighter rock.  Naturally larger shows I have budget for rigs or I'm using an install or festival rig.  Can anyone give me some idea as to the performance level or are they really only good MI level?

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2016, 09:08:23 AM »

I'm looking at a small form system, 2 SRX812's and a single 828 sub.  Most of what I need it for are smaller local shows where I've been hiring kit, (2xQ7's, 2xQ subs, or DB technologies 2xS20's with 3 T4's a side).  It's got to the stage where budgets don't make this viable for the small (200-300 people), so I need a small rig to do these myself, but I don't want to compromise quality.  Most of the bands I do are funk, soul, blues, jazz, lighter rock.  Naturally larger shows I have budget for rigs or I'm using an install or festival rig.  Can anyone give me some idea as to the performance level or are they really only good MI level?
How long is a piece of string?  Do they have the performance of JBL VTX-F or other top-tier boxes?  No.  Do they get very loud for their size and sound good doing it?  I think so.  I think they sound better than anything from QSC.  Whether that's good enough for your application will require a demo.

Luke Geis

« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2016, 01:44:48 PM »

I think they would be loud enough for a festival gig if you don't need Rock-N-Roll SPL levels back to 100'. A quad of SRX-835P's would give you good horizontal coverage and should be able to get you to around 105db C at around 50'. They are the best sounding boxes in this range I have heard as of yet. No they are not going to make a VTX or VP series boxes seem useless, but give them a good run for the money.

I have been finding that in that last few years many of the boxes are closing in a particular sound. That sound is what some would describe as linear. More and more have a pretty linear response and that response has a sound so to speak. Some like it, some don't. A box that sounds better, as in prettier, is probably not as linear. The JBL SRX-800 series is pretty linear, as is the newer EV ETX line as well as many others. The point being that it really isn't about how good the box will sound ( that is subjective ), but how it will perform for you ( which moves into objective )? The JBL-835P is the least linear box in the line, but still sounds amazing. The most linear is the SRX-812P and is still an amazing performer. Once you get to around the $1k mark for any speaker they will truly be a performer. The SRX line is currently marketed as a Semi Pro / Pro-sumer / upper tier MI grade box. It will not replace a real pro level box such as the JBL VP series. While it is a very close second, it is not quite there. Fear not however, because your pockets will be a little heavier. The VP series boxes start around the $4-5k mark and go up from there. So when I say the SRX is the best you can get for the money, I am pretty certain of it. What sounds best for the price is subjective.

Josh Evangelista

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2016, 07:12:57 PM »

Michael Papatonis

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2016, 09:34:02 AM »

Hey Guys,

I've seen some of this mentioned in this thread, but I was hoping someone could answer this definitively.

1. If you network the speakers and use the SRX Connect app, do the compression and EQ settings stay after you disconnect the network or shut the speakers off?

2. If they do stay, is there a way to "zero out" the settings at the speakers or do you have to hook the whole network up again?

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2016, 11:21:10 AM »

Hey Guys,

I've seen some of this mentioned in this thread, but I was hoping someone could answer this definitively.

1. If you network the speakers and use the SRX Connect app, do the compression and EQ settings stay after you disconnect the network or shut the speakers off?

2. If they do stay, is there a way to "zero out" the settings at the speakers or do you have to hook the whole network up again?
The settings stay after you disconnect SRX Connect/Audio Architect.  To reset them, recall a saved preset and the working settings are overwritten.

Luke Geis

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2016, 05:00:41 PM »

That is a tricky one actually......... If you do not save the preset that you made with the SRX connect app, you will loose the settings the next time you have to build the venue with the app. The app doesn't save the venues and presets unless of course you do so. You can recall settings from the speaker with the app, but it will first default to the stock " MAIN " setting. Which means that it is possible mid show to loose all your settings!!!!!!! Now if the app disconnects from the speakers the speaker will retain that information even if powered down and turned back on, but if you change the preset, any information that was there and not saved will be gone.

I DO NOT like the SRX connect app. I find it more cumbersome than helpful. The big thing for me was that you have to go through the trouble of networking all the speakers together anyway, so having a computer with Audio Architect on it isn't such a big deal. I-pad with a slightly confusing app, or the computer running AA and total control? The SRX connect app needs to have a feature added where it will pull the information from the speakers like the AA software does. With AA you can walk into a session and simply receive the settings from the speakers even if that information wasn't saved, of course then you can do what you need with it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2016, 05:00:41 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 25 queries.