ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1RU Universal PSU  (Read 3512 times)

Daniel Nickleski

1RU Universal PSU
« on: September 02, 2015, 11:36:45 AM »

Has anyone found a reliable 1 RU battery PSU that is tour worthy? I keep seeing this unit pop up. Anyone have experience with it? http://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-OR1...battery+backup

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
Re: 1RU Universal PSU
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 01:49:39 PM »

The link didn't work for me.

Do you mean a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply)?

GTD

Thomas Dameron

• SR Forums
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 02:45:17 PM »

I've had a lot of good experience with those.  One of the companies I work for has a bunch of them, 6 or so.  I've also seen a bunch of them out with Sound Image console packages and maybe some other big tour companies.

Here is a link to the actual product page.  I'm not sure which model I've actually had in the rack, but I don't think it would make any difference as long as the load is correctly sized. 
http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/products/ups-systems/smart-app-ups/rackmount-lcd/OR1500LCDRM1U.html

thomas d.

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 05:40:57 PM »

While it's not a double conversion or always on-line UPS it should work.  I'm using one of their smaller brick units with a Soundcraft Expression and the same 4ms switchover results in no glitches yanking the power.  I've even tried stunts like twisting the plug so that only the neutral or hot disengaged and it worked fine.  You do pay quite a bit more for the convenience of having similar ampacity in a 1U rack package.

Daniel Nickleski

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 10:13:51 PM »

The link copied very weird, but yes that is the unit. Glad to hear some people are using them. It will be on a console with 2 power supplies so one with always be fed by the constant AC and the other by this unit. Looks like it should work fine.

If anyone knows of a better 1RU unit let me know. Sadly with the rack design a 2RU will not work.

I've had a lot of good experience with those.  One of the companies I work for has a bunch of them, 6 or so.  I've also seen a bunch of them out with Sound Image console packages and maybe some other big tour companies.

Here is a link to the actual product page.  I'm not sure which model I've actually had in the rack, but I don't think it would make any difference as long as the load is correctly sized. 
http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/products/ups-systems/smart-app-ups/rackmount-lcd/OR1500LCDRM1U.html

thomas d.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 11:49:57 PM »

While it's not a double conversion or always on-line UPS it should work.  I'm using one of their smaller brick units with a Soundcraft Expression and the same 4ms switchover results in no glitches yanking the power.  I've even tried stunts like twisting the plug so that only the neutral or hot disengaged and it worked fine.  You do pay quite a bit more for the convenience of having similar ampacity in a 1U rack package.

Do you have a link to the model that you use, Stephen?
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 01:32:50 PM »

Do you have a link to the model that you use, Stephen?

It's a small brick thing.  http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/products/ups-systems/intelligent-lcd-ups/CP600LCD.html  I got a lower end one without the display and it didn't glitch either but you didn't know if it had been activated unless you stared at the LED long enough to notice it blinking.  On their LCD series the display jumps on and shows that it's on the battery.

I was breaking down an outdoor gig in the dark and noticed that the LittleLite on the board out at FOH was still on about 30 minutes after I'd pulled the power.  Should be long enough to notice that something has happened.  Whether using the PoorMan's or the regular distro, the 150' FOH feed is on a PowerCon so it's not going to get knocked out anyway.  This just saves me a reboot if there's a glitch or the whole feed to the PoorMan's gets knocked out (in which case the mains go down and I've very aware something has happened).  I did a gig out on the coast before getting the digital board and power went out for several buildings around for around 15 minutes.  This would have kept the board up, or allowed me the option of a graceful shutdown, restart.  Which is fine in my world.

dave briar

• Helena Montana, USA
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 08:41:28 PM »

Has anyone found a reliable 1 RU battery PSU that is tour worthy? I keep seeing this unit pop up. Anyone have experience with it? http://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-OR1...battery+backup
Sent you a PM.

...dave
..db

Steven Barnes

• SBTS Inc.
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 06:30:13 PM »

We install a lot of these guys, and have a couple on our SC48 and X32s. Have not had any issues with them.

http://www.middleatlantic.com/products/power/ups-backup-power-systems/ups-select/ups-s500r.aspx
Audio Engineering, Design, Consulting
SBTS Inc.
www.sbts-inc.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 06:30:13 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 4.599 seconds with 24 queries.