ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for a back-up board / iPad mixing.  (Read 16717 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Suggestions for a back-up board / iPad mixing.
« on: August 30, 2015, 09:15:47 PM »

Last night we were going to check the wireless mic out ( as discussed in my other thread)  but we got a little distracted by some other PA problems which we worked out but it got me thinking.
I always take an older back-up board with me in case of failure. However, I enjoy using my iPad to mix when it is inconvenient or not possible to run multicore so once we decide to go that route, I set the QU on the stage at the back wall for safety.
Once all the cords are run, if I had an issue (as I kinda did last night) with the mixer    (or as it turns out maybe it was a combination of things throwing me off), I would then have a hard time re - routing to a FOH position and what if I couldn't logistically then run multicore?……With my back up board, I'd be royally messed up!
I'd like to look into getting a digital board that accepts iPad mixing as inexpensively as possible.
As it would be only a bandaid for the one evening ( I would hope), my criteria would be…..
1) Ipad mixing,
2) 16 channel minimum with 12 xlr.
3) 6 aux minimum with at least 3 stereo if possible.
4) either rack mount or desk.
5) FX and such which seem to always come standard anyway..

That would do it I think.. I have been looking at the Mackie DL's which have come down in price, the various Behringer racks and the QSC touch mix.

I'd LOVE a QU-PAC because I wouldn't have to relearn the mixer but its a little too much for me right now and probably overkill as a back up.

As this would be a back up board, what would you suggest??
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Suggestions for a back-up board / iPad mixing.
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 09:27:58 PM »

How about another Qu-16?  I've seen them slightly used for as little as $1200.00.  Save all your settings to a stick and just reload if you have to.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 09:56:44 PM »

How about another Qu-16?  I've seen them slightly used for as little as $1200.00.  Save all your settings to a stick and just reload if you have to.

That would be so nice Dick….not sure if I can go quite that high- maybe - dunno - maybe….

Lyle Williams

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 01:58:59 AM »

Absolutely love my XR-18

+1

But whatever you do, it needs to be something you know well.  When things are going wrong you are better retreating to the minimum acceptable rig rather than expanding into shiny exciting newness.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 03:57:25 AM »

BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Brandon Scopel

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 06:23:55 AM »

Another maybe.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Ui16
This one only has 4 aux sends though😢

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Rob Campbell

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 07:54:07 AM »

This one only has 4 aux sends though😢

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Actually the two headphone outputs can be configured as aux outs for a total of six. That said, though brilliant in concept, this one is having some teething problems. Hopefully Soundcraft can sort out the version 1 issues in a firmware update for us early adopters but at the very least do a version 2 if it's a hardware issue. Not ready for prime time yet.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 07:54:07 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.