ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Selling my SRX system - for real this time…..  (Read 49785 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Selling my SRX system - for real this time…..
« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2015, 09:12:02 PM »

Hey Sean…. you know, I had wondered in the past if this would work but figured it would be too awkward and unsafe for me to try - but you make it look so easy…..nice one !… I'll give it a try with Chris standing by...

I've used that technique before and think much depends on the construction of the stand legs/bracing and how you can pick up and lift the speaker.  Two people would make it much easier, I think, and safer too by being able to keep most of the load off the legs until you're nearly upright.  You also don't want the stand cup in the speaker to become a fulcrum so *where* the handles are can be important, too... all the better reason to have 2 people.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2015, 09:18:26 PM »

I've used that technique before and think much depends on the construction of the stand legs/bracing and how you can pick up and lift the speaker.  Two people would make it much easier, I think, and safer too by being able to keep most of the load off the legs until you're nearly upright.  You also don't want the stand cup in the speaker to become a fulcrum so *where* the handles are can be important, too... all the better reason to have 2 people.

Makes sense Tim. I use the crank up stands so I can insert the stand into the speaker at the lowest setting which would be more stable. Then I can crank-up myself. 
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2015, 09:34:52 PM »

Hey Sean…. you know, I had wondered in the past if this would work but figured it would be too awkward and unsafe for me to try - but you make it look so easy…..nice one !… I'll give it a try with Chris standing by...

It is easier if you start with the speaker upside down rather than try to get the stand/pocket alignment by propping up one end of the speaker.

Mac

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #123 on: August 26, 2015, 10:03:33 PM »

It is easier if you start with the speaker upside down rather than try to get the stand/pocket alignment by propping up one end of the speaker.

Mac

I'll give that a go too...
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Sean Chen

• Pristine Audio
« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2015, 10:23:03 PM »

I'll give that a go too...

make sure that the handle does not get too far for you to have a stable grasp throughout the entire process. Start with a modest height.

Even with a crank tripod, this procedure makes it safer to move the speaker onto the pole prior to cranking up. You are not subjecting any of your joint to the full weight of the speaker once you get it off the ground.
Pristine Audio
Authorized dealer for Allen & Heath, Countryman, Danley Sound Labs, Dynaudio, Electro-Voice, Gator Cases, HK Audio, K&M, Mackie, MiPro, RCF,  Yorkville
www.pristine-audio.com

Bill Hornibrook

« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2015, 01:51:57 PM »

A few years ago I posted this video in the old Live Sound forums because some were claiming that it was next to impossible to set up 85 pound Yorkville EF-508s by yourself (and I was doing it all the time):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPssw2mKlpM

It got a lot of laughs because the speaker almost got away from me on the cobbled sidewalk in front of the club. The security guy shot it in one take and I didn't clean it up.

I'm using SRX-715s for tops now, and they're light enough for even a guy like me to securely lift them onto an upright stand without all the fuss. But that's how I used to do it back then.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2015, 03:04:19 PM »

Hey Bill, How do you like the 715s. Nice box don't ya think?
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2015, 03:23:01 PM »

A few years ago I posted this video in the old Live Sound forums because some were claiming that it was next to impossible to set up 85 pound Yorkville EF-508s by yourself (and I was doing it all the time):

It got a lot of laughs because the speaker almost got away from me on the cobbled sidewalk in front of the club. The security guy shot it in one take and I didn't clean it up.

I'm using SRX-715s for tops now, and they're light enough for even a guy like me to securely lift them onto an upright stand without all the fuss. But that's how I used to do it back then.

I tried this just once with a 98lb ETX35 just to see how hard it was. Surprisingly easy.  I've actully taken my sub-pole mounted DSRs down this way by pulling the whole stack over including the sub.
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Bill Hornibrook

« Reply #128 on: August 27, 2015, 03:37:45 PM »

Hey Bill, How do you like the 715s. Nice box don't ya think?

Oh yeah :) I'm following this thread with interest, but for now I'm holding on to my 715s - and probably for a long time. They just have that unbeatable combination of great sound at high SPLs and low weight.

I'm not surprised that Debbie's sold so fast. I was thinking about contacting her about them, but she mentioned early in this thread that they were gone.

John Notestine

« Reply #129 on: August 27, 2015, 04:06:11 PM »

That's exactly how we got the Danley SH50 (135 lbs) on stands.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #129 on: August 27, 2015, 04:06:11 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 23 queries.