ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL SRX828SP  (Read 26283 times)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: JBL SRX828SP
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2015, 09:14:48 PM »

The whole 'giving a piece of my mind' thing.... my doctor told me to stop.  She said I was running out.

badda bing/badda boom.  I'll be here all week, folks.

"You know you've got it if it makes you feel good..."
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2015, 11:40:47 PM »

Be sure to try the veal.

Mac

From Sam Gross, back when National Lampoon was funny.

"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2015, 12:00:35 AM »

From Sam Gross, back when National Lampoon was funny.

Circa 1971-72, IIRC. I remember seeing that in the print edition.  Now I feel old ('cuz I am, I guess).
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2015, 12:40:54 AM »

Very appealing to little league DJs who need to mount that single 12" or 15" cabinet up in the air above the crowd. Useless to people like myself who stack their 18" subs and then place an SRX725 or two on top of them. I do own 718s, and they have the DJ cup, so if I ever work a crowd where I need a tiny system I'm all set. The problem is none of my 725's have pole cups and I don't own any smaller cabinets. I don't know why there's no DJ cup though, because they only weigh 100lbs each. I'm calling JBL to give them a piece of my mind.
But if you knew any pole vaulters, you could solve the problem of getting them up over the crowd and angled down.   ::)

Scott Wagner

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2015, 08:56:01 AM »

:)lol, sorry didn't have any other US pricing available that I could compare.  I had already been led to believe though that it was a darn sight cheaper to buy 1 x 828 compared to 2 x 818's.
It's certainly cheaper to buy one SRX828SP than two SRX818SP; however, if your need two 18s per side and pole cups, it's worth every penny. You'd end up with a much more scalable system, too. Capacity costs. If that truly is a requirement, then it's worth every penny.
Scott Wagner
Big Nickel Audio

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2015, 09:04:39 AM »

It's certainly cheaper to buy one SRX828SP than two SRX818SP; however, if your need two 18s per side and pole cups, it's worth every penny. You'd end up with a much more scalable system, too. Capacity costs. If that truly is a requirement, then it's worth every penny.

I'd suggest a truly scalable system would be
(2) 828SP
(4)818SP
(2)812s
(4)835s

Assuming the 828s and the 818 play well togther.

Maybe add 2 more 828s for outdoor gigs where you really need more subs.

We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Don Thompson

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2015, 11:33:36 AM »

I'd suggest a truly scalable system would be
(2) 828SP
(4)818SP
(2)812s
(4)835s

Assuming the 828s and the 818 play well togther.

Maybe add 2 more 828s for outdoor gigs where you really need more subs.
And use the 812's as front/out fill.

Mike Sullivan

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2015, 05:42:08 PM »

I'm going to be that ass, so pardon my language in advance.  But f***ing seriously, nearly every topic I post, someone HAS to start a huge f***ing debate about something completely unrelated.  All I wanted to know was how the SRX828's compare to what I use now (RCF SUB 8006 and dB Tech S30 or S1521N) for the price.  I don't give a sh*t about the pole cups, I just want to know how the sound it.  If you want to bitch and argue about pole cups, create another topic, especially for the common sense bullsh*t.

For those that have posted useful information, thank you.  I know the 728's are nice subs, I didn't know how similar they would sound.  Of course I love to have more bottom end than needed, especially since my shows vary from bluegrass to rock to EDM/hip hop.  I had originally planned on buying dB Tech S1521N's because my buddy has some and I absolutely LOVE using them, but at $3200 a box (retail) buying 8 of them would cost the same as buying 12-13 SRX828's (retail wise of course, we all know the hidden prices elsewhere). 

Sorry for the rant, just one of those days.   :-X :-X
When you're reading a topic, and the word "Danley" comes up...RUN!!!

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Internet forums
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2015, 06:52:57 PM »

I'm going to be that ass, so pardon my language in advance.  But f***ing seriously, nearly every topic I post, someone HAS to start a huge f***ing debate about something completely unrelated.  All I wanted to know was how the SRX828's compare to what I use now (RCF SUB 8006 and dB Tech S30 or S1521N) for the price.  I don't give a sh*t about the pole cups, I just want to know how the sound it.  If you want to bitch and argue about pole cups, create another topic, especially for the common sense bullsh*t.

For those that have posted useful information, thank you.  I know the 728's are nice subs, I didn't know how similar they would sound.  Of course I love to have more bottom end than needed, especially since my shows vary from bluegrass to rock to EDM/hip hop.  I had originally planned on buying dB Tech S1521N's because my buddy has some and I absolutely LOVE using them, but at $3200 a box (retail) buying 8 of them would cost the same as buying 12-13 SRX828's (retail wise of course, we all know the hidden prices elsewhere). 

Believe it or not, these forums are not your personal wiki. The nature of discussions, even on the Internet, is that they diverge. If a topic you start wanders you have two choices, you can ignore those parts that don't interest you, or you can try to learn different things from them. Not everyone has experience with the exact combination of gear you ask about. Of course there is always the alternative of not participating in Internet forums.

Whining and stamping your feet isn't going to make reality bend to your desires.

Mac

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2015, 09:39:02 PM »

Apples to apples the S1521 won't cost much more when compared to an equal number of SRX728s, or STX828s that are properly powered. Either one of those boxes are equal to the 1521. And why 21" subs anyway? By the way neither the STX or SRX have pole cups, and for some people that's a make or break option. That may change though. I put a call in to JBL and gave them the last piece of my mind.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2015, 09:39:02 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.