ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problems with Soundcraft expression 3  (Read 7438 times)

Gus Housen

problems with Soundcraft expression 3
« on: July 31, 2015, 06:23:01 PM »

Over all I really like this console, but I have had to make a work around. And I have sent the console in and the same problem occours
When toggling quickly to the main eq and back occationally the master faders will jump to off. it just does it on the min eq and only effects the lr master. to bypass this I now use a FOH outboard eq.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: problems with Soundcraft expression 3
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 08:36:16 PM »

I've not had this problem, or any problems at all. Have you updated to the latest firmware?
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 02:34:04 AM »

This is from the Soundcraft Si Series facebook page, might shed some light on the issue maybe.

"********* Hi - I've got an intermittent problem in version 1.7 on my new si expression1. When the main L-R graphic eq is on the faders for a while, the master faders (L-R and Mono) as well as faders 13 and 14 (500 and 630hz) will spontaneously drop to the bottom of the console - full OFF!!(and massive mid cut). About to put up a theatre production with this thing - I am going to lose main audio at any time?? Is this only going to happen when the graph on the faders?? Help...
Like · Reply · June 16 at 3:16pm

**********, I have had this occasionally happen when editing fxmix with firmware 1.6 and 1.7. Also last 4 faders of the board will drop. Soundcraft told me it was a hardware error, but the weird thing is that shutting the board of and on immediately the problem is fixed. That makes me think that it is a software error.
Like · June 18 at 12:24am

********* Thanks *******. Apparently the service rep is saying there's a problem with a card that drives the fader motors or something. Definitely hardware - desk is in for a quick repair/part swap. Temp replacement is working great so far (v1.7). Grateful for transferable show files!!
Like · June 18 at 4:46am"

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 03:07:09 AM by Jonathan Goodall »

Thomas Schwall

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 12:32:28 PM »

Over all I really like this console, but I have had to make a work around. And I have sent the console in and the same problem occours
When toggling quickly to the main eq and back occationally the master faders will jump to off. it just does it on the min eq and only effects the lr master. to bypass this I now use a FOH outboard eq.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I am having the exact same issue on mySoundcraft Expression Si 1, even with the latest build and a new, reformatted SD card. The L/R and Monitor faders and GEQ faders 13 and 14, both GEQ HI and GEQ LO, totally shut off at random when activating the GEQ on any selected mix, and sometimes even without a mix being selected PLEASE HELP!  This is wreaking havoc with our shows! Thanks, Tom

Trevor Jalla

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 03:47:05 PM »

Might be a PITA, but try rebuilding the show from scratch after resetting everything to default. Supposedly re-using old show files can cause this... I too have experienced it before intermittently, but not in a year or so.

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
real names are required
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 05:05:21 PM »

Tom,

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Thanks,
Craig
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Michael Grimaila

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 08:18:51 AM »

Might be a PITA, but try rebuilding the show from scratch after resetting everything to default. Supposedly re-using old show files can cause this... I too have experienced it before intermittently, but not in a year or so.

Before starting from scratch, try the following:
- Copy the "corrupt" show file from the console to a USB stick
- Copy the "corrupt" show file from the USB stick to a PC
- Edit the "corrupt" show file using the offline editor, change at least one setting, and write it back to a new show file with a different name
- Copy the show file from the PC to the USB stick
- Copy the show file from the USB stick to the console
- Load the new show file and test

I have had some success with this process to correct "corrupt" shows from my SI Expression 3.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 01:30:00 PM by Michael Grimaila »
Behringer X32 / X32 Rack
Soundcraft Si Expression 3 / Soundcraft Mini Stage Box 32 / Soundcraft MADI USB & Dual CAT5 & Dual Optical MADI cards
6 x Sennheiser EW300 G3 / Sennheiser EW572 G3 / Sennheiser EW365 G3 / Sennheiser EW352 G3
2 x Yamaha DSR115 / 2 x QSC KW 118

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 08:18:51 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 25 queries.