ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Presonus Studiolive 24 AI - vocal effect  (Read 2879 times)

Her Xiong

Presonus Studiolive 24 AI - vocal effect
« on: July 02, 2015, 12:11:50 PM »

What reverb and delay effect do you use from the Studiolive 24 AI?
Do you eq the effect or process it in any way?  Any suggestion would be helpful.  Thanks in advance.

Roland Clarke 1964

Re: Presonus Studiolive 24 AI - vocal effect
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 02:50:10 PM »

What reverb and delay effect do you use from the Studiolive 24 AI?
Do you eq the effect or process it in any way?  Any suggestion would be helpful.  Thanks in advance.

I have an RM32 and I believe that the effects are the same.  Basically two reverbs and two delays.  With that in mind, you are a little bit limited, especially if you need a short verb for some instruments, then you have basically only one verb left.  I generally work on one short reverb and one longer one, both of which I will vary in level, and decay time according to the song/music.  Sometimes I will use a mix of both, so I can achieve a sense of depth, without overtly, hearing the verb.  There is no magic formula, but, you can get a good idea of things that work by listening to CD's, mp3's, radio, etc to what others have done and think about how that relates to the bands you are mixing.

Scott Slater

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 07:36:28 AM »

Try a delay with a time somewhere around 125ms (give or take).  Experiment with the EQ settings on the delay return, to take away some of the definition in the high end (and in low end) to help make it more subtle.  You can get by with just a delay for vocals many times in a live situation.  Your best bet is to try different things, and decide what you like, and what feels best for the type of music and situation.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 07:36:28 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.