ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Simple Contract Template?  (Read 5839 times)

Nathan Vanderslice

Re: Simple Contract Template?
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 10:29:08 PM »

This is definitely important. Doesn't matter when the event it cancelled- you still both delivered/setup the gear AND you held it reserved for them and their event. If it wasn't for this event, you might have turned away other business. The client has to pay for the assurance that your gear is there for them.

For a multi day event, if the event is providing overnight security, then yes, I will hold them liable for theft. My exposure at that event is based on them hiring me, and the gear I bring is needed to deliver a quality service. If they would like their show, they need to either pay for the requisite number of people to secure our gear, or for me/one of my techs to be on duty all night. I think security is cheaper.

I put in my contracts that event contacts/clients are responsible for any happening(s) to my gear that is not directly caused by or avoidable by my company. Drunk patron spills beer on my mixer? You're cleaning it. Or replacing.

Here here! :-) I've always wondered about the deal with responsibility to and from the venue, but certainly if this is a rental where the customer is transporting to and from the shop. Usually the multi day/night events were big enough that I would imagine that the customer is expecting to pay for security, whether it be their people, outside help, or employees of the sound company.  So far as the paper work, while the contract may be somewhat general in equipment used, the idea is that if something does happen, you have the records to document what went to the event, and values should there end up being a legal battle.

Steve Garris

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 11:16:57 PM »

Thanks everyone - a lot of great replies and advice.

A special shout out to Rob, who sent me his contract .doc file that pretty much covers everything talked about here. I would have been days typing this up without his help!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 11:16:57 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 24 queries.