ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What to do if you die  (Read 5320 times)

Rob Gow

Re: What to do if you die
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2015, 09:43:33 AM »

On this subject I will quote the words of a song written by a friend:

"Dance when your'e living, when you're dead grow some moss on your stone".

Steve.

My biggest fear is that my GF will sell all my gear for what I told her it cost.

:,(

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 03:26:16 PM »

Make sure you leave a will in an accessible and logical location.

And something that has become more important as of late.. make sure you have a list secured away somewhere with important personal information; internet passwords, banking information, etc. Last thing you want is to be told by Facebook or whatever your descendants cannot have access to your account because you are dead...

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Darin Ulmer

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 03:44:01 PM »

I made sure my wife knows who to contact to sell the equipment for her, in the event of my demise, so she gets a fair and reasonable price.

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2015, 07:59:15 PM »

So what's your plans?

I am fortunate enough to have a son-in-law who will take over the company.  He is currently employed here.  If I die before my wife she will still receive my salary until she passes or the company closes.  If my son-in-law closes the company 50% of the proceeds from the sale of the business go to my wife and the other 50% are divided 25% to each of my daughters and their husbands.

As for my personal musical instruments they will go to my grandchildren.  I currently only have one granddaughter so she will get the guitars/amps/recording equipment and personal mics etc.

It may not be a good plan, but it is a plan.

Bill
Bill Schnake - Owner Schnake Sound & Light

Avid/Crown/EAW/EV/Midas/RCF/Shure/Yamaha

schnakesound.com

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2015, 08:22:33 PM »

My biggest fear is that my GF will sell all my gear for what I told her it cost.

:,(

Substitute wife for that and it's probably what I should have said.  Between the sound gear and airplane she will be digging me out of the grave to deliver and ass whoopin'

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2015, 08:55:50 PM »

Substitute wife for that and it's probably what I should have said.  Between the sound gear and airplane she will be digging me out of the grave to deliver and ass whoopin'

"Really, Honey, that Cessna grew on a tree in Wichita, and they just pick 'em like grapes..."
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2015, 01:29:40 AM »

I'm not going to worry about it until it happens.

Steve.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2015, 11:32:01 AM »

I'm not going to worry about it until it happens.

Steve.

That's probably the best.  She knows how to sign on to my Facebook and all that.   She does most of the banking, investing and taxes so not worried with that.

The airplane comment was tongue and cheek.  She was very involved with the purchase of the shares of the partnership.  Now the operating cost and assessments, that's another story.

It really was not as serious a comment as I made it out to be.  She knows the vultures, who will show up they day she is putting me in the ground and claim I always let him use something for free.  Or Scott said I could keep the stuff I had.  Those people are meaningless in my life, only there because I either feel sorry for them or they are friends with someone I do care about.  I am sure the owner of the other sound company I work hand in hand with will take care of my wife.  She knows we can finance him.

My real business has 3 partners and a full succession plan.  Our CFO already has a death contingency plan for all partners, how the family is to be taken care of and we carry a term "key man" policy on each of us with the company as the beneficiary.

Since I had the health scare 18 months ago every day is a new blessing to spend with the ones I love, doing as much of the things I love as I can.  Be it as it may but live event production is a passion, and even the sucky gigs are fun.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Jerome Casinger

• Castle Rock DJ and Sound
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 07:45:01 PM »

My wife knows who to contact.  She also knows that the "business" is just that.  But there is a clear definition of business gear and personal gear.  I have all my dad's personal gear (guitars, amps, etc), and my collection will be added to it.  I hope to be around long enough to have the impact on my son that my dad did, so he knows the importance of certain pieces of equipment to keep them around.  Kinda cool seeing stuff be passed down the family and continually used.  I am using my Dads matching Bassman's this weekend or a recording session with the band in fact and I know he would love that......

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 07:45:01 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 25 queries.