ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9 v rechargeables  (Read 6960 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: 9 v rechargeables
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2016, 01:09:45 pm »

This is absolutely true.

I was just talking with a coworker yesterday and saying it would be great if at least there was a meter on the battery itself.  But yeah, it'll work and be perfect right up to the moment that it fails.

Because of this problem with the li-ions, I have a schedule I stick to and make sure to switch out my batteries after a number of uses. eg. for my iems, I switch out the AA's every second show. They last 3 but I do this to be safe in case of longer shows, pack getting left on when not in use etc. I never even bother with the battery meter anymore and I have never had a problem. I keep a piece of paper in my pack drawer with everything logged in it and check it before each show just to be safe. I also rotate my batteries so they all get the same amount of use.  What can I say... its that OCD thing again ???
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2016, 01:18:27 pm »

This is absolutely true.

I was just talking with a coworker yesterday and saying it would be great if at least there was a meter on the battery itself.  But yeah, it'll work and be perfect right up to the moment that it fails.
Or, if they could modify the DC-DC converter to give a discharge slope similar to an alkaline.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2016, 03:48:32 pm »

Or, if they could modify the DC-DC converter to give a discharge slope similar to an alkaline.

which is an obvious solution i didn't think of. 

of course then they wouldn't have their selling point of of rock solid 1.5 v for the duration of the battery discharge.  :)
brian maddox
bdmaudio@gmail.com

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Steve Loewenthal

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2016, 07:13:43 pm »

This thread reappeared just about the same time I opened the last pack of my bulk purchased 9v. It inspired me to finally make the purchase. I ordered the EBL charger with 4 batteries plus an extra 8 batteries. Often our band plays only 1 set per gig. (1 set for 4 hours straight through.) Hopefully these will hold up for 1 of our sets.
Steve Loewenthal

"I'm, just the guy in a band that owns the PA and I'm trying to figure out how it works. (Been trying to learn somethin' about it for about 20 years and I hope somethin' learns me soon)"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 21 queries.