ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Where are you guys buying your AC/2 mic line bulk cable?  (Read 5066 times)

Bob Cap

• Classic LAB
Where are you guys buying your AC/2 mic line bulk cable?
« on: June 01, 2015, 11:49:02 AM »

I'm looking for a supplier for cable to make new powered speaker runs. Prefer 3-14ga for power and 2 mic lines.

Thanks

Bob Cap

Kristian Stevenson

• Lynchburg, VA
Re: Where are you guys buying your AC/2 mic line bulk cable?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 02:16:01 PM »

I'm looking for a supplier for cable to make new powered speaker runs. Prefer 3-14ga for power and 2 mic lines.

Thanks

Bob Cap

Take a look at Whirlwind's APC series. They can customize pretty much anything to fit your needs.
http://whirlwindusa.com/catalog/snakes-splitters-and-multiwiring-systems/snakes/apc-audio-power-combo-snakes
Kristian Stevenson

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 02:32:09 PM »

I think the OP is looking to make his own.  Camel Traders is still in business and looks to still have very competitive pricing. 

I just made up a few using premade cables and SJ from Home Depot and some nylon braid sheathing from a local electronics surplus store called Halted.

Since I'm using MI cabs with IEC inlets, I put Edison outlets on the siamese cables so they would be easy to string together, or put a multi-way on to daisy chain speakers.  The surplus store had these short IEC jumpers so I cut the ends off and made little Edison to IEC adapters.  I also made the XLR cable offset from the power by 18" since most powered speakers have the input near the top and the power near the bottom.  This gives some strain relief to the XLR.  The source end is similarly offset so the power can reach my poor man's distro or a quad box from my regular one.  And when you string them end to end, they come out even.

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 03:05:59 PM »

I once looked at buying a spool and building my own.  By the time I priced out all the connectors and wire skin/cover... it was the same price as buying them pre-built from Pro-Co.
We're based in Southern Maryland, and LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 11:48:38 PM »

I have had great success with Elite Core Combo Cables. The other cables of theirs have fallen apart and are generally not something I recommend. However the PA combo series is crazy cheap and been very durable.

https://elitecoreaudio.com/product/retail/b-stock-elite-core-pa75-75-powered-speaker-cable-xlrac

Disclaimer, I am a dealer.

Bob Cap

• Classic LAB
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 11:15:26 AM »

Thanks Eric,

I've had the same opinion of their road cases...

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 01:21:06 PM »

What is "Approx 15 AWG AC Wire"?  I built mine with 14 AWG SJ Carol cable.  I have plenty of 12 AWG SO stuff for bigger deals but the 14 is what the better siamese cables I saw were made from.  And for bar gigs and such where I'm using the siamese for convenience the SJ and sheathing should be adequate.  Not to mention easier to carry.  With nylon braid instead of the tubing the whole cable is smaller and more flexible too.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 02:02:06 PM »

I usually quote custom builds from CBI. They can customize the connectors, fan length/spread, labeling and price out competitively with the molded end stuff that some others sell.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Bob Cap

• Classic LAB
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 05:17:24 PM »

What is "Approx 15 AWG AC Wire"?  I built mine with 14 AWG SJ Carol cable.  I have plenty of 12 AWG SO stuff for bigger deals but the 14 is what the better siamese cables I saw were made from.  And for bar gigs and such where I'm using the siamese for convenience the SJ and sheathing should be adequate.  Not to mention easier to carry.  With nylon braid instead of the tubing the whole cable is smaller and more flexible too.

Where did you get "Approx 15 AWG AC Wire:?

Bob Cap

• Classic LAB
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 05:21:25 PM »

After several years of using Extension cords with a mic cord cabled tied together (and countless times of sharp cable tie ends coming in contact with my hands) I've decided to clean up my act.

Going to power con connectors (to please the electrical inspectors) and all black cables (to please the theater people) should make my day easier...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 05:21:25 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.